Luminous, Dewy and Healthy Looking Makeup

I have the same skin tone and eye color as u and the best make up trick I've learned to look fresh is to apply a bright/shiny golden shadow or pearly shadow to the inner corner of the eyes. Just make sure u blend so it disappears into ur skin.. it won't be as bright but it will open up ur eyes. Another sure thing is pink blush.. a nice bright rosey shade applied to the apples of ur cheeks.. and blend blend blend :flower:

mix a few drops of luminiser into your moisturiser which definately makes the face look fresher

Those are all great suggestions. I always put concealer in the inner corners of my eyes and use blush, it makes me look fresher.

A pale shimmery color in the inner corners of your eyes really brighten things up. I recommend a champagne sort of color for any skin tone, silver for cooler skins, and gold for warmer.

A few tips for you Deep Brunette:

• For a fresher look, skip the eyeliner... Use a sheer shimmery skin tone color eyeshadow on the lid.
  • Only put on one coat of black mascara.
  • If you don't need foundation don't use it, but if you do, use moisturizing foundation and make sure to moisturize your skin well.
  • For lips, a dab of VERY sheer cherry tinted gloss should do the trick.
  • Use semi-shimmery moisturizing lotion on top of your cheekbones to highlight the area!
  • Use a bit of rose blush for your cheeks.... blend very very thourougly
Hope this helps...! :flower:

an example of a fresh look as i described:
marc by marc jacobs f/w 06.07
style.com

00080m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Before applying your eye make up in the morning just hold your eyes in a minute with cold cotton pad.

Adrina said:
Before applying your eye make up in the morning just hold your eyes in a minute with cold cotton pad.

never heard of this before.... but what does it do...!? :blink:

it sounds like i have the same coloring as you...i find that just a little eye concealer (bobbi brown foundation stick) and one coat of mascara does the trick...i moisturize twice daily, and while my skin still looks great, my eyes definitely need just a small bit of concealer.

I'm a VERY pale olive-toned brunette-dyed red (phew!) and here's what works for me:

- Mixing a little bit of a bronze luminiser in with my foundation
- Clarins BFB on special occasions
- Splashing my face with cold water (to tighten it and wake me up)
- Light-reflecting concealer under my eyes
- A BRIGHT blush - Stila Rouge Pot in Sweet Pea, Stila CC in Fuschia, MAC Mineralise Skin Finish in Stereo Rose - to make my cheeks rosy and "happy"
- An eyelash curler is a must - makes your eyes pop.

Awesome suggestions - I'm going to have to give some a go :D

I've recently switched to the Dermatologica range and I wish I'd done so a decade ago.

After cleansing toning and moisturising I use Daybright,which is a skin brightener with illuminating components,and over it I use the Dermatologica tinted moisturiser in medium.I don't need foundation any more...wooooohooo!!!:woot:

For a beautiful glow try using a little bit of MAC strobe cream mixed into your foundation and/or dusting a bit of a MAC skinfinish over your powder. Then when you're finish just spritz your face with a bit of water or a setting product like MAC Fix+ to give that dewy, glowy "I just rolled out of bed looking this fabulous" glow.

I also love benefit moonbeam- a little around the eyes, apples of the cheekbones and in the cupid's bow of my lip looks wonderful

Benefit stuff is great for getting glowing skin.
High Beam for a pinky glow
Moon Beam for a more golden pink glow
Georgia Illuminator is a nice peachy 'blush' powder

Second the Bobbi Brown stick foundation recommendation. Its a great foundation.

I tried Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and applied it the right way and it still did nada

Has anyone tried the Dior Icône make-up?? Apparently it's new.
I would like to start using a little bit of make-up, at least when I go out (i usually just use makeup on my eyes, and sometimes mouth but never the face) - but it's a jungle out there!! so much to choose between..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->