Lydia Hearst

Discussion in 'Femmes' started by ducky, May 8, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. ducky

ducky New Member

She has already been discussed, but April's Italian Vogue Cover Girl, Lydia Hearst, has been named by people magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful.. now, of course, they are biased and only use people that are actresses or socialites, (lydia falling in the former, as her family is worth a reported 3 billion...) and she booked the prada fw04 campaigne, and did either D&G or dolce and gabanna.... i dont remember which one...

She's on her way.. and made it on her own, without using her parents money to get her there,, it was this cover that shot her into recognition..

2. absolut_allure

absolut_allure New Member

i dont like her :yuk: :sick:

3. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

I like her look! Very pretty!

4. ducky

ducky New Member

This picture looks slightly altered, in the rest of the editorial inside she is much more beautiful, less alien like, and more picturesque... i will attempt to scan some.. no promises... hehe

5. Candace

Candace New Member

I've bought that Vogue, too. At first I didn't like the cover but with the time it became more and more beautiful to me. She really is special.

6. Polina_sexy

Polina_sexy New Member

i like her eyes, but her face is very strange :blink:

7. paprika_hiccup

paprika_hiccup Reanimated

wow- she looks so much like her mother . . .

If you don't know the story of the Heast family, I'd encourage you to check it out- I promise you'll be fascinated :blink:

The infamous Patty pic

8. paprika_hiccup

Here is another of Lydia and mother from 2000-

Sorry if I am going OT, but I am obsessed with the Hearst legacy :blush:

9. Candace

Candace New Member

I wonder what that Hearst legacy thing is about. I've searched a little bit, but didn't find anything. Can you link me something to read about it? It sounds interesting.

Has Lydia lost some weight between that last getty-picture and the Vogue cover? :blink:

10. gogopilgrim

gogopilgrim New Member

the Patty Hearst story:

Why doesn't Lydia use the surname Shaw?

11. paprika_hiccup

Well--- In the beginning there was William Randolph Hearst- the media tycoon who built the family empire. Read up on him here His manipulation of 20th century media is fascinating and troubling when one thinks about how the same sort of manipulation through media exists today- and on an even more comprehensive scale. Its just not controlled by one man these days, but large conglomerates of faceless minions :alien:
    You may also want to rent a little movie called "Citizen Kane" which was "inspired" by WR Hearst- by inspired I mean that Hearst was so mad about the film he wanted it destroyed before it could be released. I won't even get into the awesome-ness of this movie here- go to pbs' website

"The Cat's Cradle"? is a pretty recent movie about unsolved murder that occured on Hearst's yacht. Kirsten Dunst plays Hearst's long-time mistress Marion Davies. The costumes are great, but it's no Citizen Kane :p

Patricia Hearst, grand-daughter of WR, was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army and participated in some armed robberies along side her abductors. She spent some time in jail for one of the charges, but was leter granted a pardon and released.This sitehas tons of info on Patty and trial.

Patty's intimate relationship with her abductors was suggested to be psychological response that may develop in kidnapping/hostage situations known asStockholm Syndrome This was in the news a lot during the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping.

Patty has developed into quite the pop icon- showcased by the queen of kitch and the manically absurd John Waters in a bunch of his movies. She had parts in Serial Mom, Pecker, and in Cecil B. Demented- which is about the kidnapping of a movie star who joins in on the groups unlawfull antics. . . I'm Hearst crazy- enjoy ;)

12. elytrae

elytrae Member

That is one insane background story. :eek: Here's a more recent shot of Lydia at the Calvin Klein party.

13. PinkAnik

PinkAnik New Member

Don't like that cover..

14. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

sort of 'different look. I agree it grows on you

15. Candace

Candace New Member

Wow :eek: Thanks for the background story... I have to admit that I find it cool somehow. The guerilla-style machinegung picture reminds me of the beginnings of the camo-era. :rolleyes:

16. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

I actually really like the cover but dont like any of the follolwing photos. In them she doesntseem to have anything special. :ninja:

17. serenade_ingenue

serenade_ingenue New Member

agree......I like the cover only

18. jessa010

jessa010 New Member

I know its Lydia Hearst on that cover, however I only like that particular photo of her. The other ones I've seen doesn't really do it for me.

In fact that Italian Vogue cover looks to me to be more like Lily Donaldson than it is Lydia. So I agree that there must have been some manipulation done, or maybe it was just the angle of the shot. :unsure:

And woah, I've never known the whole of the Hearst legacy. Now I know. And now I want to see Citizen Kane.

19. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

Fashion Week Daily-has photo of her in current Prada ad.

20. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I find her.....well.....not pretty.