MacBook

Does anyone know when they'll be releasing a new design ? because I'm holding off upgrading so I can get the newer one.

^ June 11th, they're holding a keynote at WWDC in which it's pretty certain they'll announce them.

So the new one is out....what does everyone think of the new MBP Retina design?

Personally I think it's really nice and looks SO thin. I'll be purchasing one in the next couple of weeks!

^ If it's going to be significantly lighter, then my sister is gonna be so pissed. She just got a Macbook Pro a few months ago and she's complaining about how heavy it is lugging it to school. She wants to trade me for my Macbook Air. And I'm like, 'b!tch, please' :rolleyes::lol:

I wish they'd updated the 13" though. Even though it's lighter I'm not sure I was a 15" mbp :/

I'm dissapointed the new MBP Retina is without CD/DVD drive :blink: and it doesn't come in 17'' which I use.
Even the Retina screen resolution is not supported by most programs, so it's pretty useless.Thank you, but I will stick with the old one.

I just ordered the retina display base model today. I currently have a 13" white MacBook from 2007 so it will be HUGE improvement! I don't need a CD drive or any of the ports they got rid of, and I was going to probably upgrade to a 15" even if they hadn't brought out retina.

So NONE of the new models contain a CD/DVD drive? It's like the drive is becoming obsolete in Apple laptops...

So NONE of the new models contain a CD/DVD drive? It's like the drive is becoming obsolete in Apple laptops...

The updated 'old' style MacBook Pros (13" and 15") still have the CD drive in, it's just the Air and the new Retina MBP that don't have them in.

I feel by this time next year though they'll be phasing them out altogether - personally it doesn't bother me, I plan on buying an external one I just can just plug in for the few occasions when I want to rip DVDs to my computer. It's not something I need all the time.

Yes, as *k.a.t.e* said, only the new thin ones are drive-less. I'm not bothered by lack of it either, haven't used them in... well, years... :shock:
I like how Apple cleans up things, slowly getting rid of disc drives, hard drives and other legacy (or soon-to-be legacy) stuff.

Buying my first Mac tomorrow, a MBP (older model, not the retina display). Any advice for add-ons, accessories, or websites to buy cases/hard shells for it?!

Buying my first Mac tomorrow, a MBP (older model, not the retina display). Any advice for add-ons, accessories, or websites to buy cases/hard shells for it?!

If you're getting the old model then you'll have plenty of choice! If you're looking for a hard case then I'd definetely recommend a Speck case, they come in nice colours and they fit perfectly. If you're looking for a sleeve to put it in I recommend the incase ones (I have a grey and pink one for my retina MBP), they're thick neoprene so offer a lot of protection but they're still quite slim and come in a range of colour combinations.

^ I second the incase suggestion.

I bought my case 6 years ago for my first mac and its held up very well over the years (minus the things I've spilt on it).

I can't make up my mind! Macbook Pro 15 inch or the new Macbook with retina display?

I can't make up my mind! Macbook Pro 15 inch or the new Macbook with retina display?

I chose MBP 13 inch because I've heard mixed reviews of the retina display making people feel dizzy/tired, but also...the price tag :shock:

^ I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, can't say I've had any problems. The screen really is amazing though, and you really notice the difference when looking back at a normal screen. I get student discount (and free Applecare) from my University which made it quite a bit cheaper.

I'm getting mine this weekend: Macbook Pro 15 inch! No retina display for me, too many downsides..

Yes, I would recommend especially if you own another OSX or iOS device. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->