Madewell

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Cicciolina, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I thought I should start this thread up, especially in the wake of the Alexa Chung collection :P So has anyone bought any Madewell pieces recently?

I just bought the cable knit jumper from the Alexa Chung collection and the Saint James Meridien top in blue. :heart:

2. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

i heard there was a special alexa chung for madewell thread but it appears not..i wish that we had this store in the uk anyway!!

3. delightful

delightful New Member

i bought the black velvet tennessee dress from the alexa chung collection! it shipped out yesterday..really hoping it fits argh :(

4. Marchessa

Marchessa New Member

Last month I purchased one of their tan suede biker jackets in a shopbop sale. It fits so well and seems to be holding up nicely.

5. CarolineRose

CarolineRose New Member

there's a thread for this collab in the designers & collections thread <3

i wanted the tennessee velvet dress with the peter pan collar, but i couldn't justify the expense. $200 for a dress that's too short to wear to work just isn't in my budget. i'd love to see someone model it though!

6. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I thought this could be more of a Shopping related thread about Madewell overall, the other thread seems to be more about the Alexa Chung collection itself and less about well, purchasing the pieces.

My order didn't go through in time so I wasn't able to get my hands on the Aimee knit :( I hope they get restocked online.

7. BonjourTristesse

BonjourTristesse New Member

I'm so annoyed that they don't ship to Europe...I'd spend a fortune on their clothes!

8. Minamiz

Minamiz New Member

they were out of one of the dresses I wanted at 4am the day it started and then other pieces were sold out in my size so I'll just have to wait.

9. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I know most of the focus here is on purchasing the Alexa Chung collection but you can get some Madewell items through Shopbop (and they ship internationally) and J.Crew sometimes stocks their pieces as it's owned by the same group

10. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I was hoping this can be about Madewell over all :D I guess the Alexa Chung was more like an impetus though.

Shopbop I think present the Madewell pieces pretty well, and they're great at international shipping.

11. BonjourTristesse

Ohhh...thanks guys. I didn't care about the Alexa Chung pieces. Next months I'll try to order 1,2 shirts over Shopbop!

12. delightful

delightful New Member

hahah i actually skipped my last class of the day so i could be sure that i'd be here to sign for my package.. i was a bit worried that the dress (black velvet tennessee) wouldn't fit right, since i usually hate dresses with the elasticized waist and i wasnt sure what size to get (i got a 0 and it's a little big in the waist actually), but omg it is perfect! it seems like it's good quality and is a decent length and all that too.

13. BonjourTristesse

Yay for you :-))) can you pllllease post a picture?

14. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

Does anyone know what the Madewell sizing is like? Or for particular items - I'm after the Saint James Meridien top.

And yes, pics please!

15. La bordélique

La bordélique earthbound

The Madewell sizing I find usually true to size when it comes to tops, especially their V-neck t-shirts. I haven't tried their bottoms! The Tennessee dress is really soft and easy to put on because of its (hidden) elastic waistband. I ordered more pieces for which I'll post pictures later. :smile:

[​IMG]
    my photo

#15 La bordélique, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by moderator luciasandia: Sep 18, 2010
  16. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

Oh it looks really cute so far! I was deliberating over it, then it sold out. How are you planning to wear the dress? I love the Alexa Chung x Madewell dresses but I'm fearing they may be a bit girly for me.

17. La bordélique

La bordélique earthbound

I'm planning to wear it with floral lace tights and black leather ballet flats. It's already quite cold in Canada so I can't wear it barelegged!

18. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i just love their website and all their styling...
    ^_^

19. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I love the styling on the website too - I've actually gotten a few outfits ideas just by looking at some of their images that can help me wear what I already own in a different way.

20. delightful

delightful New Member

got this skirt in the mail today (in a 0) and it was about a million sizes too big.. sending it back; bit gutted as it's so pretty i think
    [​IMG]
    madewell.com