Madewell

Love the striped tops from Madewell! Very classic but I like that they added a twist with a bit of vertical striping.

Madewell's fall looks, from NYmag's Cutblog.
05_madwellfirstlook_1.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_2.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_3.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_4.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_5.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_7.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_10.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_11.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_13.jpg

05_madwellfirstlook_14.jpg

I'm enthusiastic about it. Everything except the flares, which is a matter of personal opinion. This is why I love Madewell. The pieces just mesh so well with items I already own, and it all looks go great, but not in a contrived or overly trendy way. It's basically my closet, but better.

Has anyone purchased their jeans before? I'm interested in a review of quality and also sizing - i.e. do they run large or small?

They've ran small on me mostly, I think the fit is similar to Urban Outfitters, their slimmer cuts are very very skinny. I have a friend who is a 24, and she swears by them though. Says they fit her great.

"Three years after opening its always-packed Soho store, J.Crew’s younger, jeans-obsessed sister Madewell unveils its largest outpost yet on Tuesday in the Flatiron (115 Fifth Ave., at 19th St.; 212-228-5172). For the next two weeks, the store will house a “Hometown Heroes” shop-within-a-shop, selling merchandise from more than a dozen local indie designers like Erie Basin, Top Hat, Bowery Lane Bicycles, and Other Music, in addition to the house line of colorful jorts, silky tanks, jute wedges, and bikinis."

bbopening110502_560.jpg

nymag.com

Does anyone know how the size of these boot run? Madewell says they run a full size large. Is that true?

madewell-buckle-biker-boots-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

coolspotters

Last edited by a moderator:
Madewell shoes do run large, but they also somehow run narrow, so it kind of works out.

thx for explaining...
unfortunately, i think that's even dumber than jeggings...:rolleyes:
:doh:...

hey got a pair of the perforated flats from them recently and really love them

they fit perfect no squeezing, chafing or blistering the first day.

Has anyone noticed a significant decline in quality at Madewell? I used to love them for basics, but now I'm so unhappy with how easily seams split, sweaters pill, etc - not to mention, they used to have gorgeous silk prints/dresses and now it's mostly poly. It's cheaper on so many levels. I'm pretty disappointed, because I love their aesthetic. Now I only buy something if it's on sale with a promocode for a further reduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->