Magazine Archives

I forgot this feeling. It's a pain in the *** to get page by page. It was fun when I was 23, but now I get tired so fast.

US (1867 to present) and UK (1930-2015) editions of Harper's Bazaar are available via ProQuest... The Harper's Bazaar Archive

You might be able to access it via local or institutional libraries.

Here in Melbourne, the State Library of Victoria has free access to general public with library membership. So good!

Here in Melbourne, the State Library of Victoria has free access to general public with library membership. So good!

Mind sharing some Liz Tilberis gems with us if you ever get a chance? ^_^ Unfortunately, none of the libraries across my country offer this service and I've been dying to find access to Bazaar archives since I first heard about it. It's such a shame they don't have an official website for single subscriptions like the Vogue archives.

Is it just happening to me that the Vogue archive website isn't working since yesterday?

Is it just happening to me that the Vogue archive website isn't working since yesterday?

Unfortunately, it still isn't back up for me. Somehow those internal server errors occur whenever I decide to do some sort of research. So annoying!

A little update on Magazine Archives we never appear to have mentioned.

The Harper's Bazaar Archive - the mysterious archive of the entire run of Harper's Bazaar, including both the American and British edition. Sounds like a dream, but is unfortunately only available through select libraries and universities across America. According to my research, you should be able to access the archive from home if you have access through your library card.
The Women's Wear Daily Archive and the GQ Archive are accessible the same way as Bazaar. If anyone has any ideas or tricks on how to access the Archives internationally, please share.

More Archives that are accessible online:
The Esquire Archive
The Vanity Fair Archive - appears to be down currently, along with Vogue.

There is also a very extensive list of smaller, miscellaneous archives for those of your interested in history of fashion, beauty and lifestyle magazines.

Those are all just a brief Google search away, but I thought it'd be useful to have them all in one place here.
I'd also like to mention Zinio Unlimited. Although it's not technically an archive, they have a nice selection of several fashion magazines in digital format starting from around 2008 to present.

is it the Playboy archive worthy to look for fashion campaigns? Don't know which brands appeared there.

I wonder if one day the page of Vogue Italia had the easy access than US Vogue & Vanity Fair.

I encountered an occasional Calvin Klein ad, but I don't think they were ever big on fashion advertisers.
:flower::heart: thank you! Hope GQ will upload the full archive soon. Menswear's part has been always incomplete.

:flower::heart: thank you! Hope GQ will upload the full archive soon. Menswear's part has been always incomplete.

It already exists, you just need library or university access to the platform since it isn't public. Just like Harper's Bazaar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixlehr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->