Magazines Stores/Large Newsstands Worldwide & Online

Selfridge's.
Wardour News on Wardour Street.

Those two are my personal favourites!
Thanks! I was already planning a trip to Selfridges (love the TV show!), I'll check out the other one too!

Newsstand.co.uk has been so discontinuous with Out lately I assumed it was harder to find!

Rome? i need the one with independent press alike interview etc

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I don't think this question belongs here but I don'w know where to ask and I'm sure that someone here will know the answer!

I'm visiting NYC this month and I was hoping that someone would tell me good stores where I can find vintage magazines or past issues!

Thanks!

What about Chicago? anything close to the downtown area? Sadly they closed the Borders on N. Michigan and the only good book store I know of is the Barns&Noble on State St.

There's Quimby's on North Avenue in Wicker Park. They have a pretty good selection (I've seen several Vogue editions, Purple, Self Service) but I've gone in trying to find CR Fashion Book and I haven't been successful yet.

anybody knows a place like those in mexico???

There's Sanborns but their selection sucks now, it used to be much better. You can't even find i-D most of the time, only Mexican, US, Italian Vogue and maybe Vogue Paris, if you're lucky.

There's a few magazine stores in Polanco that have a much better selection, also Libros Mexico on Barrilaco street in Lomas de Chapultepec.

Anyone know a good magazine store in Liverpool, please? Thanks in advance :-)

any know where in Seattle I can find Russian or German Interview? I'm sure I'm in the minority but the editorial design/content & versatility in moods, make these far superior to their US counterparts.

I usually peruse Bulldog News, BN downtown and Pike News but have yet to come across either edition!

any know where in Seattle I can find Russian or German Interview? I'm sure I'm in the minority but the editorial design/content & versatility in moods, make these far superior to their US counterparts.

I usually peruse Bulldog News, BN downtown and Pike News but have yet to come across either edition!

I know for a fact BN Downtown carries German Interview (usually a few rows back from the US edition)

i-D & Dazed and Confused magazines in Paris

Is there any library in Paris where I can read 'i-D' & 'Dazed and Confused' magazines on regular basis.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone knows good places to find magazines in Sao Paulo,Brazil? Thanks in advance

Anyone can recommend a bookstore/newsstand in downtown Rome (with titles like Vogue Japan and Russia)?

Is there any library in Paris where I can read 'i-D' & 'Dazed and Confused' magazines on regular basis.

Thanks in advance!

WH Smith at Metro Concorde
You can these 2 magazines
They have many fashions magazines as all the fashion agency order in their shop.
They will soon sell Vogue Dutch.

I'm going to New York in a few weeks. Does anyone know a store where I can buy vintage issues?

Looking for old fashion magazines

Hello fashionistas,

I am new here, thanks for having me! I have been looking for old fashion magazines (don't need to be vintage) to buy in bulk but have had no luck. I live in the Los Angeles area but willing to buy online. I looked on Ebay and there are not many options, also shipping is outrageous. Any recommendations? Thank you so much!

paperpursuits.com Is where i buy, but it is quite expensive, and the shipping is a lot, but not sure, maybe for LA it's less than Europe. I was always very, very happy with the state of the magazines i bought from them.

They arrived perfectly packaged, and in described condition, but again I paid a lot for my last order! Come Christmas time they have around 30% off on prices though.

I wonder if it's possible to find Italian Vogue in Bangkok, if so please tell me where. Thanks!

I just came back from a week stay in London. On the top of my list of places to see was magCutlure.

It's a small shop, not the expansive, immersive experience I had dreamed up in my head. I was hoping for a more cozy, less hipstery vibe but the manager Jamie Atherton was friendly and engaging enough once I got to the register to buy my copy of Fangpages volume 2. (I fondly remember buying my copy of The Cheap Date Guide to Style with Karen Elson cover when it came out c 2008). I ended up buying the beefy T style t-shirt and got the lightweight magCutlure bag for spending over a certain amount, 40 pounds? (I prefer Bulldog News in Seattle for intimacy and more comprehensive non-rotating selection of zines). I was hoping to find The Sun, one of my favorite non-fashion magazines, but no luck.

magcutlure.com

I saw Jeremy Leslie the shop owner. Super hot. Not very approachable or outwardly impassioned by his work but I wish I would've talked to him. Pretty sure just got the deer in the headlights look when he glanced my direction. I couldn't get up the nerve to say anything to him.

Oh for dumb American tourists such as myself used to fire code business doors: the shop front door PUSHES open despite handles. The manager was nice enough to pull the door open. LOL.

Apparently there are no longer any vintage magazine shops in London, according to Jamie. Which made me very sad. But what's considered non-mainstream titles in America such as Another are sold on every street corner which I was pleasantly surprised by. Ditto on book and card shops.

I wonder if it's possible to find Italian Vogue in Bangkok, if so please tell me where. Thanks!
All any Asia Books stores, There are many branches in major department stores like Siam Paragon, Central World, The Emporium etc. but the issue came late more than 2 months and the price so high. Asia Books is the only one distributor for imported magazines. And another big Bookstore is Kinokuniya ther are only 3 branches in city centre and they have Vogue Italy too.

i just came back from Israel, and Joe's world of magazines is a small corner in Dizengoff Shopping Mall in Telaviv, have a nice selection of magazines. Other book stores in the city carries some international titles too, specially Vogue US, UK and Paris as well as HB and Elle, but you can find the bianuals too.

Does anyone know the best place to sell magazines?
Complete set of LOVE and POP (katie grand editor 1 - 20) to sell. eBay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->