Maison Margiela F/W 2015.16 Paris

Finally

Finally a show this season that actually sticks out. Drama, beauty and amazing designs. #galliano

Maison-Margiela-RTW-FW15-Paris-6981-1425668035-mediumbigthumb.jpg
Maison-Margiela-RTW-FW15-Paris-7029-1425668104-mediumbigthumb.jpg

Maison-Margiela-RTW-FW15-Paris-7014-1425668077-mediumbigthumb.jpg
Maison-Margiela-RTW-FW15-Paris-7004-1425668064-mediumbigthumb.jpg

Maison-Margiela-RTW-FW15-Paris-7023-1425668087-mediumbigthumb.jpg
Maison-Margiela-RTW-FW15-Paris-7008-1425668067-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

this isnt Margiela... this is John Galliano just like Dior is Raf Simons. Both are 100% their namesake brand and not the brand they're working for.

Yes, yes, yes!! So much feeling this mad Fashion eccentric, almost Grey Gardens vibe!

Want every coat!

idk why people are saying this is just Galliano, I totally see Margiela in this. Especially in the coats. They're beautiful.

i see margiela in the outewear, some of the tops, some entire looks here and there

and there's the galliano part, with the ott makeup and styling

and then there's stuff that doesnt scream neither galliano nor margiela and it's ugly as hell as i don't understand it (especially the 2 final looks, wtf is that?)

I am definitely seeing the perfect balance between Margiela and Galliano in this. Dissecting each of the looks, I think each piece is wearable and the right amount of oddity without hitting you over the head with crazy.

And can I just say that the models that were creeping / odd-walking gave me a chill for some reason. I want to see the entire show !

idk why people are saying this is just Galliano, I totally see Margiela in this. Especially in the coats. They're beautiful.

MMM lexicon :

white
trompe l'oeil
oversize
anonymous faces
tabi boots
upcycling
minimalism

don't see that much of that...

MMM lexicon :

white
trompe l'oeil
oversize
anonymous faces
tabi boots
upcycling
minimalism

don't see that much of that...
That's an awfully limited lexicon you've just mapped out there. I was never even a diehard Margiela fan and I know he incorporated much more than that into his work.

I still need to take this in a bit, but first impressions are:

Beautiful coats
Love the ill-fitting shoes
That pinstripe bustier/corset with the pants is TDF
Not loving the neon mental patient makeup

It's fabulous. The first 8 or so looks, I'm not crazy about. But once the creeping, crouching models shuffled in, I was sold! There are some absolutely PERFECT looks here - I'm MAD about the embellished (?) cropped velvet suit with the furry mules and the pinstripe bustier look is killer.

I had to catalog a lot of photos from a few early 90s collection for work and a lot of this looks like those collections.

this isnt Margiela... this is John Galliano just like Dior is Raf Simons. Both are 100% their namesake brand and not the brand they're working for.

My thoughts exactly. Ironic isn't it. It's a nice collection but there's no Margiela at all.

On a side note, why is there a model walking like she really has to pee? And will those fur shoes ever go away?

I'm not sure what to make of this at the moment, but a lot of it looks an over-the-top reworking of Galliano's late '80s, early '90s London collections. The crimped hair, the hats, the gloves, even the one model who walked with her arms folded—you'd find it all again if you were to look back at some of his shows during that period. The shoes and the haphazard styling may have pushed the look a little too far, though. Even his early collections showed a bit more restraint. I need to see it in motion to make a final assessment, but I can already appreciate the drama and offbeat sex appeal. :blush:

Yes, yes, yes!! So much feeling this mad Fashion eccentric, almost Grey Gardens vibe!

Want every coat!

yes, i can see that "grey gardens" eccentricity here.

i like the fun makeup, but i need to look further at the clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->