Maison Martin Margiela F/W 10.11 Paris

There are a lot of the older MM ideas redone here, eg. the super-sized ring belt, but the interpretations aren't too bad. I'm not overwhelmed by this effort, but I don't hate it either.

you know what it reminds me of,the old MMM6 line re-interpreted with old main-line ideas added on for show purposes.

This show is very deceptive.... editors remember the head peices...... buyers see all the coats..... i dont see anything really FWD about this collection.

yeah well...
i'm still not over the fact that margiela isn't margiela anymore...
so...
yeah...

i can't really say i care for any of it...
it's just very boring to me...

the circus trick of stand alone clown pants isn't exactly impressive to me...
:rolleyes:...
i'd laugh at anyone who showed up anywhere in them...
loudly...and to their face...
:innocent:

^you and i are on exactly the same wavelength,actually.

i just feel,unlike when he was there,there's a real sense of thoughtlessness going on. you can use the "team" excuse all you like,and there's no denying they have always been involved,but you cannot sit there and tell me there is no difference in the feel of these most recent collections compared with the stuff that was done prior to spring 09. i'm sorry but there was a genuine vision with his presence.....nothing like that in these. it just feels so soulless.

this just isnt MMM
i was looking through his book
a few weeks ago, and this jus isnt it

There are some actual great ideas here, some remarkable chic things. But it does feel a bit rehashed from his older collections. The team has dipped into the archives, for good cause.

It's hard to tackle these clothes with the same interest, but it's not garbage (which it was last season).

I really like it, there are some beautiful pieces. This is a better way to continue MM's legacy.

it gives me the impression that the design team cracked their heads, asked themselves, `what would martin done if he was here??' and then came out with these collections. it is just trying too hard, like that box>bag thing, in fact, even worse and somewhat embarrassing than any margiela admirers (say, mihara yasuhiro) in the past. they probably are thining the driver knits and cardigans are going to satisfy margiela customers, but honestly, i would rather buy something past seasons from a warehouse sale or even second hands, just to get that real vibes from the brainchild himself.

it gives me the impression that the design team cracked their heads, asked themselves, `what would martin done if he was here??' and then came out with these collections. it is just trying too hard, like that box>bag thing, in fact, even worse and somewhat embarrassing than any margiela admirers (say, mihara yasuhiro) in the past. they probably are thining the driver knits and cardigans are going to satisfy margiela customers, but honestly, i would rather buy something past seasons from a warehouse sale or even second hands, just to get that real vibes from the brainchild himself.

oh please... lets face it...

if the diesel group had shut their mouths never had said that margiela was "actually" out of his house, you would be saying that the box bag idea was genius, the collection looked effortless, and long live margiela".

I think this is so chic. I love the fox hunt look of the collection and the beautiful coats, jackets, sweater, fur and boots that that entails.

And there's something very erotic about the smeared red lipstick...really gorgeous.

oh please... lets face it...

if the diesel group had shut their mouths never had said that margiela was "actually" out of his house, you would be saying that the box bag idea was genius, the collection looked effortless, and long live margiela".

and your arrogance has been noted :rolleyes:

i love how you somehow assume that long-time margiela fans are blind fools and cannot discern the true spirit of MMM and this re-hashed collection of lazy ideas masquerading as what MMM was all about. give me a break.

and your arrogance has been noted :rolleyes:

i love how you somehow assume that long-time margiela fans are blind fools and cannot discern the true spirit of MMM and this re-hashed collection of lazy ideas masquerading as what MMM was all about. give me a break.

Well, the best part is that Diesel never really said when he left. An inside source told me that he had been gone for a looooooong time. Longer than we all think. We can't be sure if what we thought was the Margiela spirit actually was and not just the influence of a smart senior designer waxing and waning...:innocent:

From what I read the team doing this collection has been picked by Diesel, not sure if any of Margiela's employees are still there. But what does it matter? Even when Margiela was still designing, many of the diffusion lines were just money machines already managed by Diesel's buyers. The fact that this collection is not hand touched by Margiela isn't totally different than what had been going on for several years already.

This was a decent collection with some strong ideas. There were some weak ones as well. But let's see where it goes before we trash it by reflex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"