Maison Martin Margiela x H&M

wait where is it online? (it doesn't appear on the french page... )

wait where is it online? (it doesn't appear on the french page... )

That's probably because you can't shop online in France. It's only available to a couple of selected countries. It's strange though, that countries like France still can't shop online.

I got the rhinestone necklace and I'm in love with it, however I have very little idea how to wear it. Anyone else got it and have an idea?

i'm surprised about the lack of comparison shots or even blog entries ANYWHERE. like, how come no one who has the original went to compare it to the Re-edited piece at H&M?

i'm surprised about the lack of comparison shots or even blog entries ANYWHERE. like, how come no one who has the original went to compare it to the Re-edited piece at H&M?

Street, I think generally speaking, Margiela fans are quite different from say Vuitton fans, more so if they are first hand buyers/ owners of the original artisanal pieces, age could also be a reason, but I think personality is most likely, bloggers are most likely to be younger generations, if you follow my drift...:blush:

i think the original pieces are few and far between. i dont own any for instance. and i also think that folks that purchase margiela are usually older that the "blogging" crowd.

this is the only photo comparison i have seen. has anyone else seen any runway comparisons?

ZILIN-LEE TUMBLR

*edit - please see TFS guidelines regarding self promotion*

I managed to get the trompe l'oeil dress, the felted wool dress, the sock sweater and the transparent belt at the launch.They were all on my wish list and I'm so thrilled with them:heart:

I wanted to get the lining dress as well but it seems so be sold out on the site..well maybe ebay then.

Also the scarf shirt and skirt really caught my eye, I love the quality of the washed silk and the colours are just gorgeous.

I like the idea of the plexi glass heeled shoes but they just seem so uncomfortable that I totally decided to skip them.

Last edited by a moderator:
lucy you are absolutely correct. we have to remember many of the pieces they chose for this endeavour were essentially one-of-a-kind at the time of their original creation thus they weren't produced in large quantities. it's also worth mentioning too that MMM during these years didn't have a hell a lot of shops selling his collection outside japan,which literally was his biggest market as is the case with most of the more esoteric talents. i think in the states during the 90's and early 00's there was only a couple standalone shops that carried his work,one being Horn in NY which was owned miguel adrover/

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the leather car seat dress for 70% off on ebay. hoping it fits true to size.

i will report back on its quality.

lucy, I tried on the car seat dress in the store and it's pretty nice quality, in my opinion. The size 2 fit me a little loose, however - if you're more well endowed in the bust area then I think it will look quite good!

i bought the leather car seat dress for 70% off on ebay. hoping it fits true to size.

i will report back on its quality.

FYI - looks like a few days ago the San Francisco Powell Street store received all the leftovers from other stores. I noticed many shoes (lucite wedge pumps and tall boots) were still wrapped in tissue paper in their boxes, like they were never opened before. Also, the items are not necessarily together in the same section, (some formal dresses were downstairs, the rest were upstairs). Happy hunting!

I checked what was left of this today. I'm actually glad I didn't bother. the quality was grossly misrepresented in the photos. There were rows and rows of shoes, jewelry, clothing, etc at at least 50% off. Even with those prices, I didn't even bother to buy a single item.

I went to the State street H&M in chicago. I'm pretty sure the one on Michigan ave shipped some of the clothes to State st. There was a lot!!!! All of it marked down. Those bracelets for men, now $20. There is way too much of it left.
You think I can get a price match? hahahaha

in Paris there's nothing left , and when asked whether there was anything still available the shop assistant just replied: "It's finished". There was no trace of the whole thing anywhere in the store. The whole thing feels like it hasn't even happened- three weeks tops from start to finish.

i wonder how it is elsewhere? sales only a couple weeks into it and they've already taken the feature down on the web site. and now reports that it's completely gone from stores. it does make one speculate if perhaps there's something more to it than just being over,with the continued news that it's been a big failure. call me a cynic but i don't trust H&M at all....they hate bad publicity and they've proven time and again they aren't the most honest company.

The items still feature in the sale section on the UK site to purchase and in store they're now all hanging in the sale section. The menswear seems to be have been spread into a few more stores however, where as the womenswear looks like it's been consolidated into only a few.

there's also about a rack of menswear in each store in Vienna which sold the collection.

then again, there must be at least 10 of the tattoo tops and bra bodys in the H&M in Munich, 2 items which were totally sold out on the first day here too.

so i guess it's different in every location?

ok so for poland:

Everything was marked down 50-60% like one week, 10 days ago. But only at price tags so many ppl didn't even noticed, and it was when clothes were at on eplace, in "margiela" corner. So for example - woman leather jacket was marked down the most : from 999zł (like 250 euros) to 399zł ! (like 100 euros).
Many great prices, many many many pieces lefted. What was gone, from the day one is: the body, oversized jeans, almost all shoes and the bag. The rest - the DRESSES all lefted.

And now, after 13rd december the sale is started so margiela pieces went to normal sale. So th elether jacket is now 200zł ! (50 euros!)which is so crazy, but to be honest almost no size left. Also pieces went crazy into all different racks and flors, so ppl must watching.

But hey - i am so happy - i snapped horizontal dress in black, my size, priced down from 599zł (150 euros) to 139zł after all reduction: 35 euros for THAT dress! it's good :D :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->