Maison Martin Margiela x H&M

yeah, for women it's mostly the leather jacket and the folded bottom tote (40 Euros now). then the hitched up red dress and the horizontal dress.

basically the harder to wear stuff.

H&M has declined to comment on rumours this morning that its Maison Martin Margiela collection hasn't sold as well as expected. Online speculation reports that buzz for the high street range didn't translate into sales, with a high proportion still available in stores - a rarity for H&M collaborations.
"H&M never comments on the selling of specific collections or items," a spokesperson from the brand told us.
A US H&M representative stated that the Swedish chain had produced a larger number of items than ever before for one of its limited-editon lines - after customers complained that the much-coveted high street-designer collaborations always sold out too quickly. The New York Post reported that insiders thought that high prices and the avant-garde designs were to blame for the excess stock - an argument that was quickly dismissed by the brand.
"[Our] philosophy is to provide fashion for everyone at affordable prices. For Margiela, H&M offered this collection in larger volume," said the spokesperson.
vogue.com

HA BS, like I said before: the associate at the H&M on Michigan ave told me that they expected about 3,000 and only 300 people showed up.

exactly. like i said before H&M hates bad publicity so of course they're going to try to do damage control (bad press) as much as they can. the thing is they tried to overcompensate the distribution due to the complaints from before which i think hurt it more than anything. this line should have never been carried in certain markets of the us and should have kept it within the scope of the most populous cities where the line could be appreciated more broadly. i mean people in dallas or atlanta are simply not going to appreciate such work like people in NYC or san francisco. certainly they should have anticipated if MMM wasn't that appreciated very broadly for his work then why in hell would they now? i just think the whole thing was a bad marketing move altogether conceptually.....they should have never delved into the archives given the aesthetics of it all. they should have concentrated on the more accessible stuff because as we all saw most of what was popular was the menswear.

It's funny, but here in the UK the line was actually stocked in less stores than before! We had about six/seven in London then hardly any for the rest of the UK. Even CDG got more than that...

Dallas may not be Austin but I wouldn't count them out for appreciating Margiela if possible. They do have a decent sized "art market" after all.

desi,i'm not saying there isn't anybody that would appreciate it,just like there are people in atlanta that i'm sure would be keen,just that these markets are considerably much,much smaller compared with the major cities. especially so considering the typical H&M market.

Just picked up a pair of painted white shoes for $20 @ the San Francisco store.

Ordered the white high tops online this morning for £28 delivered... more than happy to pay that for them really!

some of the margiela 199$ dresses are marked down to 15$ and 20$ at my local store.

i think they have held a lot of the stock back for some reason and put it in a stockroom.

wow. that seems like a very extreme mark-down for a collaborative line,no?

that makes me wondering how much they are actually worth...

material wise they couldn't be that expensive. the original price basically just reflected the idea, the design.

I bought the leather guitar bag for HKD 200 (that's around USD 25), from the shop in Hong Kong.

has anyone tried on this dress?
hmprod

how oversized is it?

pic: hm.com

if i remember correctly, that was a one size fits all dress.

so its going to be pretty massive. :shock: if its 10 or 15 bucks maybe you should go for it.

It was huge. At the launch we joked about we could probably get around three of us in it.

ow okay. so nothing for me.

i was about to order another dress for 33€ (instead of 150) but cancelt because it has3 sleeves. and it looks just stupid IMO.

hmprod
(hm.com)

there are still so many pieces available in the sale-section.

that dress at my store was marked down to 15$. i tried it on and it was extremely hard to get into. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->