Maison Martin Margiela x H&M

^seems like the best thing to do would be to return the item in store, get the store credit and re-buy the items you want.

i'm guessing that H&M will put the margiela items on sale after xmas in the states. they will probably wait until the 30 day return period are up at least.

You know when you order MMM online, do they come with special wrapping, or just how regular H&M items come?

Regular I'm afraid. Belts and shoes comes in their white packaging, and a suit jacket or coat comes with a white cotton garment carrier with the branding on, but they don't even put the suit in the garment bag, the garment bag is placed inside the plastic bag with the jacket. Other than that, it's the usual H&M plastic bag or cardboard box if you buy shoes from there.

If you returned to store and rebought you'd end up with excess money which would be given back to you in store credit... I'd say return them to online and in the meantime go out and buy the half price stock. Unless you're fine with H&M store credit that is!

Even at half price the refund policy here for the UK is still seven days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they've realised they stepped themselves in the foot by doing so many collaboration in a season, from Lana Del Ray for H&M Everyday late September, the Anna Dell Russo early October (now sadly £10 for accessories, and £30 for leather boots), then Lana Del Ray for Winter late Oct, then MMM in November, then Giftcard campaign now, Re-Launch of David Beckham just launched this week.

They didnt do as much advertising or knowledge / education to customers, letting people know that the products are re editions from the shows than just a cheap creation.
& This was the most undesirable collection, unwearable & avant-garde from H&M.

You know when you order MMM online, do they come with special wrapping, or just how regular H&M items come?
Well, they come straight from the factory - belts wrapped in tissue, leggings on a roll, everything in plastic bags...

In Montreal I think it sold fairly well. Nothing has been discounted (yet), and most sizes left are the extremes: the very tight bodysuits, most leather pieces that may be too expensive for the average Montreal shopper, and a lot of jewelry, x-large dresses. The knitwear is almost all gone, surprisingly. My other purchases when I went back were the white painted jeans and faux fishnet leggings, which I didn't have the time to analyze during the preview shopping event but later fell in love with. I found myself wanting pieces from this collection more than from any other H&M designer collaboration... so in a sense I'm glad it didn't sell out immediately! Yes, I'm glad these designs aren't everybody's cup of tea.

In Koln Germany all the leftovers from Margiela for H&M collection were around 80 euros for the expensive pieces like shoes,leather jackets and bags and 50 % off for the accessoires and clothes.

I'm glad I didn't buy anything from this collection because I just won a giveaway and I'm getting a bunch of goodies from the collection for free!! :D

In ny, the coats are just $99-149 dollars now, the blazers are 59, and no one is paying attention to them at all.

bought the bow tie shirt and am quite happy with it. at half price, a 30 day return policy, i might even get some more cash back by the end of Dec :lol:

eyeing the camel coat... it IS lushly soft... but not so sure about a double breasted coat

My old coworker got 50% coupons to distribute to people. LOL. I am sure using it.

Somebody returned the hair necklace to my work today and I totally got it, couldn't pass it up for six and a half buck :lol: has anybody bought any of the men's camel pieces, I wanna know what they think of them.

Here in Slovakia we had whole collection (really a lot of stuff) only 6 days in H&M shop in Bratislava. As I heard, they moved it to other countries (Czech republic and Poland) after six days cause not very good selling of collection....

I bought that white over sized leather shirt jacket for $79, marked down from $349.

I <3 SALE! I bought the oversized coat for 99€ (down from 249€), leather belt jacket for 99€ (down from 299€) and the keyring necklace for 19,95€ (down from 49,95€). Those were the pieces I REALLY wanted but didn't want to pay full price. I was surprised how well the collection sold here. There was stuff left for sure but not as much as I expected there to be. Still waiting for some items for the final mark downs (10-30€). If they still have my size might buy them (the camel coat, faux fur coat...)

The online sale has started as well, so I went for the tablecloth and napkins. Still lot of stuff left. I would be so bummed if everything I just bought was on sale already...

hmprod

hm.com

Everything is reduced, but not the same as in stores. Some pieces aren't 50% off online, they're more like 30%. In store they are all on a blanket 50% off.

I bought the inside-out denimjacket for 37,50 euros. Glad I waited for the sale, makes such a huge difference.

I almost feel bad for people who didn't wait 2,5 weeks. Even on sale it didn't really go fast. I knew this collection wouldn't sell. With the exception of a few things (I think the men's collection is better) I think the women's collection is just awful especially for the high prices. Loved the shoes though and I was able to get what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->