Makeup Brushes

lamia i think its export taxes etc that get the prices up so much, have you also looked into buying on ebay maybe?

^I don't have experience on buying things on ebay really,but I will try something,or at least order my cousins to buy some things next time they go abroad.Thanks for your help:heart:

yeah or if you have a friend abroad it would be the best bet. i used to live in a place that had really high taxes on imported goods so i always found it easier to ask friends or family members to get it for me.

good luck for the search!

I just bought this Shu Uemura set with;
"Goat" Face brush
"Pony" Cheek brush
"Pure Kolinsky" Eye Shadow Brush
"Sable" Lip Brush

-woman.excite.co.jp

I'm a bit lost, I tried some cheaper brushes, Body Shop, Qvs and something along those lines, but those are hard, shred, and applications is a nightmare. So I figure I have to find some better quality brushes, but I have no idea which ones to get. I only need foundation, concealer and bronzer/blush brushes.
Maybe Lancome? Make up for ever? Estee lauder? :unsure:
I've seen Clinique brushes on some counters and they don't look that good, with broken hairs and stuff. Dior brushes look like they hold up good.

luluposh that set looks lush! where did you buy it and if i may ask how much did it cost?

rayoflight, i am currently in the search for a few new brushes as well but i have an estee lauder bronzer/blush brush which seems to work really well. i also got the cleaner they were selling and clean it really good once in a while. its lasted me ages.

My other half tried to buy me one of the holiday mac brush sets, but when I opened it up on christmas day, there were no brushes inside! Now we're worried that they'll think that we're trying it on when we go and tell them there were no brushes! How upsetting!

How disappointing! However, I'm sure they will believe you. As long as he still has the receipt, hopefully if you explain to them the problem they will correct it. I just got a MAC mini brush set (not sure if it's a holiday set or what...) and it included a foundation brush, blush brush, all-over eyeshadow brush and crease blending brush. It's a good deal

SIGMA brushes.... are almost the same as mac brushess

there are professional kits with 12 brushes for 69$
completekit2.jpg

sigmashopping.com

or also if you are looking for cheaper ones
go to

www.coastalscents.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered the sigma face brush kit, i've never really owned proper brushes so these will be miles better than my current ones whether they live up to the hype or not anyway^_^

^You won't regret buying the kit, the brushes are amazing. They're pretty similar to the MAC brushes.

i can't wait to try out the foundation brushes since all i've been using are my fingers:ninja:

im working on building up my make up collection and supplys slowly, its sort of a new years thing. Next thing to tackle is seeing if i can do eyeshadow i failed last time i tried:lol:

The Sigma brushes look great. I've heard so many great reviews on them and they're so much more affordable than MAC brushes. I'm trying to find an excuse to buy them even though I have enough brushes as it is :(

Michyed - :lol: It's a great travel set. I'm planning on stocking up on more Shu Uemura brushes/ products next month :P

^Exactly, the perfect brushes that I'll actually use. I ended up not getting it because I already have the actual Goat face brush, and I've tried the cheek brush and don't like it so much. I thought I might as well just go ahead and purchase a separate eyeshadow and lip brush!

i love my set of sigma face brushes^_^

i love applying my liquid foundation with the ss190 and the powder brush is so big and soft its yummy. i may not have anything to compare them to really but i do love them alot!

a few days ago i was given the chanel foundation brush as a gift but i was impulsive and insisted that i return it to spend the 40 dollars it costed on a few mac lipsticks. foolish, i know, but i had only really heard about the mac and louise foundation brushes... didn't want to use it in case i didn't like it. now i'm reading up about it on makeupalley.com and i'm regretful because it seems everyone loves it. tis what i get i suppose.

anyone else here tried it/loved it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->