Makeup Brushes

splatooey said:
i have the prescriptives foundation brush for 8 years now and it still works as good as new. in pics i can tell my skin is much more even and beautiful when i use the brush to put on my foundation than when i used my fingers. and the brush allows you to "paint" yourface and not miss spots at all while using less foundation than you would with your fingers.
its $32..just make sure you keep it clean, i clean my brushes once a week with alcohol.
Alcohol, woudln't that damage or dry them out?
I use baby shampoo

^ I use shampoo too, although you can get special brush cleaners pretty cheaply

Guessgirl96 said:
^ I use shampoo too, although you can get special brush cleaners pretty cheaply
I just happened to have a bottle of baby smapoo around and I wanted to use that up first! I also picked up a tip from kevyn aucoin to put conditioner on your brushes to keep them soft. ^^

Keep using baby shampoo! :wink:

Brush cleansers are usually products to use without water (for instance when you are doing makeup for several people and can´t use water).
the shampoo is deeper cleansing and i am pretty sure that is better than products to clean water free!

sofialuv said:
Keep using baby shampoo! :wink:

Brush cleansers are usually products to use without water (for instance when you are doing makeup for several people and can´t use water).
the shampoo is deeper cleansing and i am pretty sure that is better than products to clean water free!
Thanks for the tip!

Does anyone use the MAC 209 brush for fluidline? I'm just wondering how often I should clean it. I'm beginning to think daily so that it doesn't crust up? I try and get the excess fluidline off when I'm done using it but still. I don't think it's enough....

Hanne and The Ida thnks very much for the articles. im sorry if this has already been answered but does the quality of brishes matter alot? also is it better to use a powder puff or a powder brush to apply powder? :flower:

Both powder puffs and brushes give different results. The puff matifies more and takes off all the shine, but it also uses more powder so it gives more coverage.
For a more transparent result brushes are better.

The quality of the bristles in brushes really matters and the softer the better for powder and blushes. :smile:

Shu Uemura do the best makeup brushes, extremely soft. I think they use goats hairs, or something like that.

By the way, does anyone know where to get a product like Visine in the UK, which tones down redness in the skin?

sofialuv said:
Both powder puffs and brushes give different results. The puff matifies more and takes off all the shine, but it also uses more powder so it gives more coverage.
For a more transparent result brushes are better.

The quality of the bristles in brushes really matters and the softer the better for powder and blushes. :smile:

thnk u sofialuv and katrina. how much do the shu Uemura brushhes cost :flower:

The brushes start from around £24...but remember, you are paying for quality and the brush is just as important as the powder you use.
Personally, I adore Shu Uemura's loose powder. It gives the sheerest finish and is literally undetectable. Shu Uemura uses the smallest grains ever in the makeup world so you will never look caked up!

1karina1 said:
The brushes start from around £24...but remember, you are paying for quality and the brush is just as important as the powder you use.
Personally, I adore Shu Uemura's loose powder. It gives the sheerest finish and is literally undetectable. Shu Uemura uses the smallest grains ever in the makeup world so you will never look caked up!

thnk u :flower: . £24 is kind of alot for a brush on my small budget, but i might save up for one. is there any other good brush brands that are cheaper, thnks.

I've heard people recommend MAC brushes, but I can't say from personal experience.

I love some MAC eyeshadow brushes: 266 for liner, 239 for lid and crease, 219 for defined crease/lower lid, 217 for blending.

I like The Body Shop brushes I think they're the best inexpensive brushes you can find, well at least here in the UK. I really want to try Sonia Kashuk brushes but they were sold out when I visited Target.

1karina1 said:
Shu Uemura do the best makeup brushes, extremely soft. I think they use goats hairs, or something like that.

By the way, does anyone know where to get a product like Visine in the UK, which tones down redness in the skin?

I may be mistaken, but I think visine is to get rid of redness in the eyes, not the face.

Belle, I use The Body Shop brushes too. Their not bad quality and the bristles are good and quite soft. I would love to try applying foundation with a make- up brush. Which would be the best kind to use ? I've noticed there are alot available such as finishing brushes etc and also is better to use a foundation brush that matches the brand of foundation you use?

My brush collection:

brushesin3.jpg

And I am looking forward to buy more from art stores!

BTW mine are mainly from Red Earth, some Lise Watier, Quo, Annabelle (all canadian brands)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->