Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

^ Same here, I always wear bronzer at least, even if I wear blusher, I have to apply bronzer first, lol.
FOr day looks, I always use bronzers instead of blushers, despited I have 30 shades of blushers.

^ he's from the other side of the world, probably he's not familiar with the difference of terms :flower:

^um, just because you are from a different country doesn't mean you are stupid and don't know what words mean, duh.

Well, sorry if I offended ya, but I heard the term tranny used a lot for drags. I know that there is a difference, but didn't think it can be taken so offensively...

(I blame it on my friends :ninja:)

The only thing a man should wear is a very well-blended concealer (if needed). A clear mascara is acceptable for showcasing long eyelashes (if you avoid clumping) and eyebrows. That's it.

Foundation is just way too much to go through each day, and I just don't see the point of wearing eyeliner.

Last edited by a moderator:
not gonna lie. i wear foundation every day i go out, even in florida's hot, humid weather. Mostly its only for oil-control (if i dont wear some sort of matte foundation, i will look as though at any moment, monsieur bush will walk in and start drilling on my face). I used to get made fun of about the oillies, but now despite the fact that it's still there, people are amazed at me when i blot and can turn an oil sheet into ceran-wrap. Ha!
On top of it all, i'll throw a touch of brown, olive or black eyeliner sometimes, a matte, non shiny bronzer, and clear mascara (or Lash tint if i'm feeling crazy.) on with a hint of lip balm all together :D

All in all, i love makeup, and will never stop. I think if used properly and with proper care, it can be a pampering, beautifying experience for both sexes. On my last trip to europe, i saw tons of men with neatly groomed faces, a touch of undereye concealer (i suspect YSL for this.) and even balm or shine. I've seen many older men with wives sitting at cafes, and busting out (yes i say BUSTING out with...ha) with mini-Chanel compacts and quickly blotting their faces, then stuffing it back into their slim-cut suits. I suspect most of the nay-sayers to males and cosmetics are americans, and despite being a "patriot" myself, i feel that the hesitancy and fear that comes along with most americans right wing outlook on life, has an effect on what they see as acceptable. I say that one must break boundaries if there is to be any change, and hopefully one day, we'll stop thinking in the stone age and come on out into the modern age. (It's funny how technologically, we can be so advanced, but mentally we lack so much.)

Just something to think about....Clinique recently unveiled a concealer for men called the "m" spot concealer, and although doing poorly in the us, in the UK store, has been sold out and back ordered tons of times.

-Michael

(sorry for my mini speech, i just <3 makeup :wink: )

not gonna lie. i wear foundation every day i go out, even in florida's hot, humid weather. Mostly its only for oil-control (if i dont wear some sort of matte foundation, i will look as though at any moment, monsieur bush will walk in and start drilling on my face). I used to get made fun of about the oillies, but now despite the fact that it's still there, people are amazed at me when i blot and can turn an oil sheet into ceran-wrap. Ha!
On top of it all, i'll throw a touch of brown, olive or black eyeliner sometimes, a matte, non shiny bronzer, and clear mascara (or Lash tint if i'm feeling crazy.) on with a hint of lip balm all together :D

All in all, i love makeup, and will never stop. I think if used properly and with proper care, it can be a pampering, beautifying experience for both sexes. On my last trip to europe, i saw tons of men with neatly groomed faces, a touch of undereye concealer (i suspect YSL for this.) and even balm or shine. I've seen many older men with wives sitting at cafes, and busting out (yes i say BUSTING out with...ha) with mini-Chanel compacts and quickly blotting their faces, then stuffing it back into their slim-cut suits. I suspect most of the nay-sayers to males and cosmetics are americans, and despite being a "patriot" myself, i feel that the hesitancy and fear that comes along with most americans right wing outlook on life, has an effect on what they see as acceptable. I say that one must break boundaries if there is to be any change, and hopefully one day, we'll stop thinking in the stone age and come on out into the modern age. (It's funny how technologically, we can be so advanced, but mentally we lack so much.)

Just something to think about....Clinique recently unveiled a concealer for men called the "m" spot concealer, and although doing poorly in the us, in the UK store, has been sold out and back ordered tons of times.

-Michael

(sorry for my mini speech, i just <3 makeup :wink: )

I wear foundation everyday too. Kinda a necessity since my skin is so horrible looking w/o it :P I LOVE it too. Even if I had clear skin, I would still wear it. I love the look that foundation and powder can give the skin if applied properly. Such a nice, smooth, polished look. Oh! And I wear bronzer and highlighter and brow gel everyday too. I wear eye makeup for special occasions and I mush admit that I look quite hot with eyeliner on:innocent:

Is mens makeup actually any different to womens? Not that I really need to know being a lady myself! But I have always wondered this.

^No, the brands that are just for men are just in different packages. I like ladies stuff better because there is a wider range of products/tones.

A guy who feels best covering up a zit should. A guy who wants to play with make-up art and wear funky green eyeshadow should. I'd be attracted to a guy because of his attitude and how he looks overall, not because he's wearing or not wearing eyeliner.

A lot more men wear makeup than most people think - even world leaders have been known to whack on some foundation to make them look a bit more healthy!

A lot more men wear makeup than most people think - even world leaders have been known to whack on some foundation to make them look a bit more healthy!
I agree, there have been many a man that I can tell has concealer on. Skin colored bumps all over face=wearing concealer:ninja:

I prefer my men to be more natural but a lil makeup wouldn't hurt such as conceler or some eyeliner(hot!) or even natural looking on them mascara.

I LOVE when guys wear eyeliner! there's something very fashionable and sexy about it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->