Makeup For Men - What's Your Take?

It totally depends on the person. I have some guy friends who look smoking hot wth eyeliner. But some of my guy friends would look ridiculous.

One of my best memories freshman year of college in Boston is getting ready for Sat night with one of my guy friends and he was screaming "More glitter!!!!" and just looked fan-freakin-tastic. He could pull of anything and everything. It was a beautiful thing :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
is there anything for guys, that's like, just a light retouch for the skin? Kind of like a powder foundation? :ninja:

I'm not turned on by guys who wear eyeliner. I like my men all natural. Blemishes and all...but that's just me.

I think makeup is a whim of the moment, and it doesn't matter to me if it's a guy or a girl using makeup. :wink: I hope everyone has fun dressing up and painting their face - pure theatre! I'm not terribly fond of everyday makeup on anyone, though, and I notice that some celebududes take makeup way too seriously. It dominates their image, like whatshisname with the guyliner. See - I remember that he wears black eyeliner (not even kohl) but I can't for the life of me recall his name. :innocent:

I'm not turned on by guys who wear eyeliner. I like my men all natural. Blemishes and all...but that's just me.

What if the guy would happen to have ~~**flawless**~~ skin?

Would you discriminate?

^ i wonder that too.
are you saying you prefer men
with manly flaws?

I'm all for it, but it depends on the man. My husband wouldn't get by with it. He has very bright green eyes and long lashes. It would make him look too girlish..

Sorry, I don't want to read the 8 pages before this one, but does anyone have any good recommendations for brands of male makeup, or female makeup that works good on men. Just something that will even out the complexion and hide dark circles? Thank you.

^ from my personal experience gaultier homme is very good. tom robin is VERY cool stuff but it's ridiculously pricy here.

Men and their Make Up

Hello !

I thought I will start a new discussion , because I am interested in other Men and their Make Up . If they use make up , what kind of Make Up ,
how they keep their skin smooth , clean and healthy eventhough wearing it etc ...

I am not wearing a lot of Make Up , but I do wear Foundation (almost every day -well when i leave the house haha) by Korres , which is based on natural ingridients , and over the Foundation Powder by Mac !

I keep it clean with different pads , and with different creams for day and night !

Looking forward to hear what others are using !

AshleyA

Great to hear that "m not the only one who wears make-up...:wink:

I wear everything of CHANEL, allways... Skincare and Make-up....

I think every human being should be allowed to wear at least well-blended concealer, translucent powder and brow gel without it being frowned upon. The world would be so much prettier.

I put concealer on my BF if he has a spot that he doesn't like :D He needs no help in the brow- or lash department though :D But men have thicker/darker brows and lashes in general, so they don't have to worry.

I use concealer and sometimes foundation. I try to achieve that no-makeup look, so natural finish is very important for me. :innocent:

Shiseido is my favorite concealer atm:
http://www.shiseido-europe.com/mm/mm/#/makeup/shiseido-the-makeup/face/concealer-stick
But it only works when blended with a brush, otherwise it's too thick and chalky. Their Pencil is good too, but Stick is more versatile and lasts longer, I find. Also I can build coverage with Stick to cover up le zits.

Then Dior Skinflash as under-eye iluminator. I have used it for years now, I can't really find anything better suited for my skin/skintone. Ysl is overhyped and isn't nearly as good as Skinflash, for example, as is La Prairie treatment iluminator or Guerlain Precious Light. Maybe Lancome's Flash Retouche comes close to Skinflash.
http://beauty.dior.com/int/en/base....ge-face/skinflash-radiance-booster-pen-4.html

Foundation wise, Sisley Phyto-Teint Eclat is great :heart: :
http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com/?pa...maquillage&clef_categorie=2_34&id_produit=152
Or Dior Forever, has more coverage, but doesn't look as good on my skin as Phyto-Teint does:
http://beauty.dior.com/int/en/base....rskin-forever-extreme-wear-flawless-m-11.html

I did try bronzer/blush/eyeliner but it somehow ended up looking unnatural on me, so I leave that for the time being. Maybe when I have time to practice all those application tricks and then I wont end up looking like a mess. :rolleyes::lol:

And to get the canvas right, regular exfoliation with microfibre cloth:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/25.html It's a really powerful tool, so only gentle circular motions are needed to get of dead skin, but rubbing too hard results in raw skin. But I love this one, I use it 2-4 times a week, keeps me flake free and smooth. :woot:

And of course a good moisturizer and effective sunscreen. I change those a lot in hopes to find something perfect. :doh:

That's my favorite foundation.:heart:

It's amazing, isn't it? :flower: Best thing doesn't turn greasy (as in oil slick), but gets glowy by the and of the day. Guerlain Parure Extreme is similar with that glow factor instead of greaseball defect, but Sisley lasts longer on my skin and the color selection is perfect for me. :woot:

i use the mac moisture cover (?) concealer very lightly under my eyes and its perfect. its unreal how natural it looks so im all happy with that and i use the touche eclat sometimes under my brow and the top of my cheekbones to highlight. i also use a mac matte bronzer when im looking really tanned to accentuate the whole thing

Wow you guys know a lot I actually never wore makeup in my life (well on photoshoots yeah but not in the everyday life) but I'd love to learn some tricks to hide those skin imperfections and have the flawless skin that we love to see in magazines lool. I'd like to know if someone will be kind enough to take time by PM or here to explain to me those basics like why a foundation, concealer etc. I'd just like to use some makeup on my skin just as the base to cover some pimples but nothing else (lips, eyes, etc.). I also know there're a lot of companies who do that but which one is the best according to you guys? I've heard of MAC, Dior and YSL for men, Shisheido but I haven't heard or read about others. Tks for your advice here anyway :wink:)

Wow you guys know a lot I actually never wore makeup in my life (well on photoshoots yeah but not in the everyday life) but I'd love to learn some tricks to hide those skin imperfections and have the flawless skin that we love to see in magazines lool. I'd like to know if someone will be kind enough to take time by PM or here to explain to me those basics like why a foundation, concealer etc. I'd just like to use some makeup on my skin just as the base to cover some pimples but nothing else (lips, eyes, etc.). I also know there're a lot of companies who do that but which one is the best according to you guys? I've heard of MAC, Dior and YSL for men, Shisheido but I haven't heard or read about others. Tks for your advice here anyway :wink:)

Go to Youtube and try searching for "make up men/guys" or "using a concealer". It's much more helpful than written text, you can actually see what you are supposed to do and can see the result and decide if it could work for you.
Also going to some counters, MAC for example and asking for some advice on colors/shades and application methods is helpful. Some concealers work better with applied with a small brush, some are better when blended in with fingers and so on.
Also taking before and after pics is helpful, so you can see how it turns out, so you don't end up with reverse raccoon eyes or orange spots all over your face. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->