Makeup for mixed race girls

Here's a couple of pics of Lauren Blake from a british girlband called Frank.

I think she's utterly gorgeous and I love how natural her makeup is.:heart:

Pics from gettyimages.com and channel4.com

Attachments

• 71606408.jpg
    71606408.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 21
  • tasha_gallery_big.jpg
    tasha_gallery_big.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 13
I know a few women of mixed racial background and swear these are great products for them. I must say, how they look in makeup you should look into these products:

IMAN Cosmetics- http://www.imanbeauty.com
Former model herself. Products can also be found at JCPenny yet highly regarded as one of the best for women of color

Nars Makeup- http://www.narscosmetics.com/
Well known and used personally by several models of color and biracial background. Top on-line stores carry them.

Azania Cosmetics- http://www.azaniacosmetics.com/
percentage of the proceeds go to Feed the Children in Africa

crow_watcher, that's such a wonderful contribution. Thank you!:flower:

I'm definitely intrigued by NARS cosmetics, it's always winning recommendations for it's blusher and Multiple stick. I'm gonna go to Selfridges and try some soon.

On another note, people might be interested to know that Thandie Newton uses Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks for blush.

Also Origin's Sunny Disposition Bronzer in Liquid is meant to be great. I know being mixed-race you may not necassarily need bronzer, but a journalist for the Telegraph (who herself is mixed-race) used it and found that people really complimented on how great her skin was. I'm trying to get my hands on it, but it's always out of stock!:angry:
I'll let y'all know how I get on when I finally get it.

1karina1 said:
On another note, people might be interested to know that Thandie Newton uses Origins' Pinch Your Cheeks for blush.

Also Origin's Sunny Disposition Bronzer in Liquid is meant to be great. I know being mixed-race you may not necassarily need bronzer, but a journalist for the Telegraph (who herself is mixed-race) used it and found that people really complimented on how great her skin was. I'm trying to get my hands on it, but it's always out of stock!:angry:
I'll let y'all know how I get on when I finally get it.

Finally managed to get my hands on these products and they are...wonderful!:woot:
Sunny Disposition gives skin a great glow, although you should use only a small amount on the face, or else you will look too dark. At the moment I use it on the whole face before using my tinted moisturiser, but you can also use it on areas where the sun usually hits the face (ie. bridge of the nose, tops of the cheeks, chin...)
As for Pinch your Cheeks, I bought the Raspberry shade (the most popular) and it really gives a subtle blush effect, although you can layer for a more noticeable affect. And most importantly the cheek stain actually stayed on my face all evening...usually my blusher fades after a few hours so I was really chuffed, no need to re-apply! I highly recommend both of them.:D

1karina1 said:
Finally managed to get my hands on these products and they are...wonderful!:woot:
Sunny Disposition gives skin a great glow, although you should use only a small amount on the face, or else you will look too dark. At the moment I use it on the whole face before using my tinted moisturiser, but you can also use it on areas where the sun usually hits the face (ie. bridge of the nose, tops of the cheeks, chin...)
As for Pinch your Cheeks, I bought the Raspberry shade (the most popular) and it really gives a subtle blush effect, although you can layer for a more noticeable affect. And most importantly the cheek stain actually stayed on my face all evening...usually my blusher fades after a few hours so I was really chuffed, no need to re-apply! I highly recommend both of them.:D

You're mixed 1karina1 ? Wowowah you're like my english twin LOL

That's an interesting thread.:flower:

I use Estee Lauder bronzing powder ('sun powder' in French) and I like it.
It gives a nice, relaxed look.

Estee_Lauder_Amber_Bronze_Poudre_de.jpg

priceminister.com

Thanks so much kochie332!:flower: It's wonderful to see a beauty editorial for women of colour even though it's shockingly rare! Can't wait to try out some of the looks Thandie's sporting!:D

A little late to reply to this thread, but I am too of mixed race. Half Black and half Spanish. I just discovered Loreal true match, which I normally use MAC concealer and bronzer. I have finally found my True Match:woot: I love it and its cheap. I wear W8 creme cafe. I also wear a little blush, I like Nars Taj Mahal. Here is a pic of me wearing these colors. I do use a little mix of pearl/gold shimmer on the bridge of my nose, to make my skin appear a little dewy. I also can't live without my cat eye liner....PRRRRRRRR:lol: Its my signature look. I tend to wear nude glosses by MAC.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 173
^ Sunn'Dia you're a bombshell!:woot:
Really like the look you've got going on. Wish I could wear eyeliner like you, but I'm absolutely hopeless!:lol:

It's great to hear about people's beauty staples! Come on everyone, share your makeup routine/ products with us!:flower:

I didn't know we had this thread. Yay!

I don't really wear makeup- my skin is hardly stellar and I really don't want to make it worse- but when I do wear foundation, it's by the company my aunt works for because it's the only one that seems to have my shade!

KhaoticKharma said:
I didn't know we had this thread. Yay!

I don't really wear makeup- my skin is hardly stellar and I really don't want to make it worse- but when I do wear foundation, it's by the company my aunt works for because it's the only one that seems to have my shade!

What company is that?

It's called Beauty Control... it's kind of like Mary Kay, only cleaner and healthier for your skin.

It's very inexpensive, as since I don't wear makeup that often, I save my money for clothes! :lol:

Sunn'Dia, I could have sworn you were Lil' Kim at first!

I am also mixed and always aiming for a natural, healthy glowing look!
Sometimes with more attention for the eyes, sometimes for a symmetrical look.
It usually looks like this :
cbe44af1a9f6b230fecaa31gj3.jpg
shinyuw5.jpg
lomk6.jpg

I try to look as natural as possible!

I usually use a mauve/light lilac/gray color on the eyes with a purple eyeliner or sometimes a thin black line.

I use some gold powder or bronzing powder to make my skin look like satin. Or a peach blush!
(Sometimes a matte powder over it, when It glows too much)

For the lips I prefer 8 hours cream from Elizabeth Arden.
It gives a little glow, protects your lips and doesn't add heavy color! Though I sometimes still buys lipsticks and glosses in other colours..
But that's because I tend to change my make up a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I'm not mixed, I have trouble finding foundation/concealr to find my skin tone because I'm Malay. It's a b*tch. I have skin tone like Thandie Newton's but Iman and Nars cosmetics aren't available in Singapore. I'm currrently using Mac's concealer. Not a perfect match, but close. I also use Bloom's Sheer colour cream in tint over my cheeks if I want to look flushed. I haven't found a good cover-up for under my eyes though.

sunn' dia are you actually half spanish or half latino? if so what country?

chocolatestain said:
Even though I'm not mixed, I have trouble finding foundation/concealr to find my skin tone because I'm Malay. It's a b*tch. I have skin tone like Thandie Newton's but Iman and Nars cosmetics aren't available in Singapore. I'm currrently using Mac's concealer. Not a perfect match, but close. I also use Bloom's Sheer colour cream in tint over my cheeks if I want to look flushed. I haven't found a good cover-up for under my eyes though.

I always go on about it but seriously Becca is the best range I've come across for women of colour. It melts into your skin and isn't mask-like! I use both the tinted moisturiser (called Luminous Skin Colour) and concealer, and so does Thandie Newton! :woot: They are also stocked in Malaysia. :flower:
The shade I use is Honeycomb (I'm slightly lighter than Thandie), though for summer I mix it with Nut as I tan.

I thought I'd show you the range of colour they have to give you an idea.

source: beccacosmetics.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->