Makeup for mixed race girls

jjbunny79, i tought i had posted them all but i didn´t! :D
Anyway, here´s the rest.

Althought they don´t portrait the brown eyes, brown hair fair skin type, you can pretty much take their advice for fair skin. :wink:
i´ve pmd you with more details.

FAIR SKIN

fair1.jpg

fair2.jpg

BEIJE SKIN

beije1.jpg

beije2.jpg

credits: same as above

if i was mixed race (i wiiiish, they are always the most beautiful girls) then I would wear a lot of shimmer to bring out my skin tone. really, nars orgasm does wonders for any skin tone so I would reccomend that.

people ask if i'm biracial a lot actually, haha, maybe i could find help in this thread.

Absolute must have

Bless you for that JanelovesMarc! You were talking about using shimmer and I've just started using a product that is fantastic, giving a subtle glow to the face and subtle shimmer to highlight cheekbones. It's Laura Mercier's Secret Finish. You wear it ontop of foundation/powder to set the makeup and also you can put some on to revive makeup later in the day.
It's absolutely fantastic, and you only need to use a small amount on your fingertips and dab very quickly and lightly over the face and voila! Beautiful!:D

I'm mixed (Chinese and German) and I really don't know which colors to choose, especially when it comes to blush. Do you advice me apricot or soemthing rosy?

^ What kind of color skin do you have? Anything peachy colored suits every skin tone. With something more pink or berry colored it varies.

Apricot tones brighten up every skin tone. Apparently Benefit's Georgia Blush powder is great, leaving skin warn and vibrant. Whereas Benefit's Dandelion Blush Powder is more of a perky pink shade, which has won a few beauty recommendations from magazines.

I have to say your mixed heritage sounds fabulous, laurette.:wink:

^ you're gorgeous! I had to look again to see what you were talking about. I don't see a big nose at all. But if you want to make it look slimmer, draw a stripe of highlighter down the middle and blend.

We have pretty similar skin colours. I'm an NC25 and use MAC's Blushbaby. It looks very natural on me. Nudes and pinks on the lips look best on me. I can't pull off reds and berries, unfortunately. My favorite lipstick is Lovelorn. It's a nice, youthful pink.

To whomever complained that there aren't enough mixed-race girls on the forum:

Actually there's a lot. I am one, too, but I don't wear makeup. So there you go. There could be many, many more but we don't ever check the beauty threads.

Loving this thread as I too come from a mixed heritage!:flower:

For me, having dark hair and dark eyes with fair pinkish skin, I like the muted lips + dark eye look..much like the picture posted of Raquel...

I guess it depends on skin tone and eye colour make-up wise...

whats mixed race? ..well im full chinese asian thats not a mixed race right? gosh i feel stuipid. anways i love makeup! i use armani luminous silk foundation, guerlain bronzer, dior eyebrow pencil and yeah thats it. booby brown has nice foundation for more olive tones.
im not that white shown on my DP, its the lighting from my desk lamp, im glad im not that pale haha

1karina1- is the prada eye mask good? i have qutie some dark cirlces now from studying

madem0iselle said:
1karina1- is the prada eye mask good? i have qutie some dark cirlces now from studying

I haven't tried the prada eye mask, but I'm currently using Talika's eye detox purifying capsules. They help eliminate toxins and clinical tests show that after 28 days of taking 1 capsule a day, puffy eyes are reduced by 85% and dark circles are reduced by 76%

I've been using them for only 18 days and the results have been quite dramatic for me. I'm well chuffed! I don't even have to use eye gels anymore.
Prada's Reviving eye concealer is amazing. It's very lightweight and creamy, so covers dark circles very subtly. One of my favourite products.:heart:

If you have serious dark circles and have quite a bit of cash to spare, try the Hyxelin eye cream.

Hope that helps!

Red Lipstick

I have always shied away from red lipstick. It always seemed to me to be for a very made-up look. Never really saw other girls of my colour wearing it either. It's very difficult finding the right shade. But then I came across some photos that changed my perspective. Suddenly red lipstick was fiesty, punchy and goddamn it I wanted to find the perfect red lipstick.

Most mixed-girls have full, natural lips and red lipstick will emphasize this. You always read in magazines how you should play a feature on your face. I have two beauty spots on the corner of the right-side of my mouth and had never thought of celebrating this uniqueness before, until I saw the impact red lipstick could have.

Here's a photo of the stunning Alesha Dixon from www.aleshadixon.net

If anyone has tips on finding the perfect shade/ technique then go ahead and slap a post on this thread!:lol:

Attachments

• 822878066_l.jpg
    822878066_l.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 7
Raica Oliveira

Raica Oliveira is practically my first model love (becuase she looked most like me than the american, california girls and the statuesque african girls). Raica is in fact Brazilian and has the same skintone as me.

I thought it would be nice to post some pics of her ( from http://supermodels.nl) with different makeup looks to use as inspiration for anyone interested:flower:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 59.jpg
    59.jpg