Marc by Marc Jacobs Sunglasses

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

073106_14.jpg
073106_15.jpg

073106_16.jpg

Marc Jacobs has set its sights on the entry-level sunglass business.

A year after launching high-end shades at prices ranging from $230 to $350, the American fashion house is introducing its first group of sunwear for the diffusion Marc by Marc Jacobs label.

The 24 styles will retail in Marc by Marc Jacobs boutiques, better department stores and specialty retailers beginning this November in the U.S.; international distribution is to follow within the year. The line will be priced from $80 to $120.

"We are a lot smarter about sunglasses now that we have launched our collection sunglasses," said Marc Jacobs president Robert Duffy. "We put a lot of the collection glasses in the Marc by Marc Jacobs stores, and they sold well, but not everybody can spend those prices on glasses. This gives something more tailored to that Marc by Marc Jacobs customer."

thanks. and good on the pricing. though i have a feeling they will eventually climb up in price

why are they so cheap? are they made in china now?

kachi said:
why are they so cheap? are they made in china now?
They are so cheap because they are marc by marc. He already has the collection sunglasses. As Robert Duffy said in the article, he wanted to make something more affordable for people who don't want to spend the $230+ on the collection ones. That said, i cant wait for them to come out. I am really excited about the price!:heart:

DP_woman said:
I'll stick to the regular Marc Jacobs. :ermm:

i second that....the marc by marc glasses look soo cheap..and i know that they said they were designing for a more secondary line....but the clothes in m by mj arent cheap...if you are going to spend $80 for a shirt, 250 for skirt and $500 for a jacket....i think that 200+ on sunglasses isnt going to shock you in the money dept...

but thats just me:innocent:

lmelanie said:
i second that....the marc by marc glasses look soo cheap..and i know that they said they were designing for a more secondary line....but the clothes in m by mj arent cheap...if you are going to spend $80 for a shirt, 250 for skirt and $500 for a jacket....i think that 200+ on sunglasses isnt going to shock you in the money dept...

but thats just me:innocent:
I WAS JUST THINKING THAT.

Anyway, the sunglasses are kind of fug...

yeah they dont look that great! if they are lowering the glasses for the marc by marc line why dont they lower the shoe prices to damn.. hahah the shoes are sooo expensive!!!

I saw them today! A couple of them are really hot, and are on par with the regular line.

yeah, i saw them yesterday (i was kinda surprised they carried them in the Salem nordstroms). anyway, i tried on a couple pairs and they looked bad on me. but im really picky about glasses/sunglasses

I kinda liked the studded one...the shape was great. But the studs looked really cheap.

My favorites were the ski-like ones and the round Audrey ones.

Most of them look really cute and are on par with the quality of the other designer sunglasses out there. Up close, they don't really look like "Top Of The Counter" sunglasses. I haven't seen those posted here at any of the stores, but the store styles are nice. Since I'm not feeling any of the new Chanels, I may pick up a pair.

I saw a few pairs at Solsitce. They're kind of like the regular Marc Jacobs sunglasses, but shaped differently.

I hate the MARC BY MARC JACOBS label on the sides of them. & I don't know if the shape would be flattering on me, but if they were to be then I'd like them...

marc_jacobs_050.jpg

i just got these marc jacobs...not marc by marc, on sale at saks off 5th...i LOVE them...but my sister got me these for my birthday....
NM-12VK_mn.jpg

and i love, love, love them, i have the white ones....sorry, i just felt the need to ooze about how cute i thought they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->