Marc Jacobs F/W 2010 Menswear

it's just such a distinctive mish mash of signatures created by other designers. raf,veronique,bruno and now that i look again even viktor & rolf....

but it's typical of marc jacobs though.

Please. Marc Jacobs doesn't even touch this line.

Actually, if you look at past seasons you'll see the collection has been following it's own distinct evolution. Last season they worked with wide pleats, the season before they experimented with flaps and folds (they did a bum flap rather than on the side leg). I actually find MJ Collection menswear to be one of the best out there. What menswear signatures did Bruno Pieters have that wasn't a mix and mash of what Raf did? And I suppose Veronique invented sharp cuts an a spare palette? I just can't stand it when folks are overly harsh, get distracted by the name, and miss out on some really amazing menswear.

Why even bother with a menswear line in the first place? This all looks like an afterthought, like it has none of Marc's heart and soul in it (which could very well be the case, as his design team is most likely the ones who designed it all).

Marc doesn't have anything to do with the menswear, this is open knowledge. The line is designed by a duo who also oversee the marc by marc men's line. Personally I find this to be extremely considered and I think the pair are very very talented.

just look at the angular cutting of that grey jacket and tell me that doesn't stick out like sore thumb? and btw,veronique was much more distinctive than you're giving her credit for. if you don't see it,that's fine by me but don't assume i'm some foolish person who can't recognise elements that seem very obvious to me.

just look at the angular cutting of that grey jacket and tell me that doesn't stick out like sore thumb? and btw,veronique was much more distinctive than you're giving her credit for. if you don't see it,that's fine by me but don't assume i'm some foolish person who can't recognise elements that seem very obvious to me.

I think you can find any reason to naysay this collection, even when it's done well you accuse the designers of copying subtle details from an obscure European collection. There are similar elements to VB's menswear line, but what if MJ collection has had it in theirs for just as long? They've been on this thread for as long as she has been on hers. Copying or coincidence? It's a choice to believe what you want.

hmmmmm... so how do you make men wear skirts again?
just introduce them little by little... and that's not on a couple of looks! that's doing only half skirt first, the other half will come next season!
it's also very recession-sensible, no? half skirt, half price!

LMAO:lol:

Regardless of the fact who designed it, this is looking surprisingly decent, considering the fact that Marc Jacobs is known not to design menswear either at his own line as well as Vuitton.

Yes, this is quite stark, clean, and thankfully less kitsch than most of his womenswear, but I really don't see much literal resemblance to either Raf Simons or Veronique Branquinho in these silhouettes - This is the general notion you're getting from many other commercial menswear lines and while this results in the fact that the collection does not stand out as being ground-breakingly innovative (safe for those apron pieces on some of these pants), it's full of decently proportioned, tastefully finished wearable separates... isn't that enough for once?

^^ The quality level is also far beyond most other designer work also. On the subject, does anyone know of a stocklist that sells online/through phone orders? The few shops that display a selection online either only carry the footwear or just a few shirts, scarcely any outerwear. Which is a shame as I live in the middle of nowhere right now :/

The Marc Jacobs collection was "eh" for me. Not much popped or made me smile. The Marc by Marc Jacobs collection was phenomenal. The colors, the patterns, particularly the sweaters and shirts. Tremendous control but with a certain stylish flippancy that commands attention, respect, and envy. Great, solid, unique wear. Mutterlein, though, makes an excellent point. Marc himself doesn't invest a lot in designing menswear, but, and this is a huge but (haha), Marc Jacobs as a designer, as a label, as a collection, as a line is one of the most substantial names in fashion because there is so much control in the clothes, and it's this control that every artist seeks and that Marc Jacobs, himself and the name, have attained; from raw to absolutely refined. And that's Marc Jacobs these days and I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->