Marc Jacobs S/S 18 by Steven Meisel

You can also have a good campaign WITH unknown models. :rolleyes:
Serious buyers of the brand care about the clothes, not if the hottest faces of the fashion industry are in the campaign.
Well great for Marc if he managed to get a good campaign with a small budget, sometimes all you need is good talent and a good concept.
Not how popular the models are.

True. But i'm not speaking for the customers, i'm speaking for myself (may I?). I personally don't care about the clothes so I talk about the photography, which I like, and the cast, which I don't like.*** Edited ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Glorious images. I love the mirror effect/lighting and the zani-ness of this all.

Loving that video with the fun disco soundtrack.

What happened between Meisel and Miuccia/Prada?

Nothing really, they just replaced him when they created the 365 strategy. They chose Vanderperre because of his relationship with Miucca and Rizzo. I assume they thought it would be a winning combination, but it doesn't seem to be working. I expect Meisel to comeback if sales don't improve, which they are not.

I really like this campaign. I'm sure it'll attract your attention in magazines. It's visually very appealing.

That said, I believe these models were cast knowing you'll hardly see them. Why else would Meisel work with some of these c-list models. Aube is the star here, she's the only one you can identify.

They really didn't need any big name models. The campaign is perfect as is. Meisel is the real star here. The pictures are beautiful and impactful. Sometimes all you need is good clothes and good photography. I'm happy that they chose unknowns, they have to start somewhere!

Nothing really, they just replaced him when they created the 365 strategy. They chose Vanderperre because of his relationship with Miucca and Rizzo. I assume they thought it would be a winning combination, but it doesn't seem to be working. I expect Meisel to comeback if sales don't improve, which they are not.

Thank you. What is tbe 365 strategy?

Why else would Meisel work with some of these c-list models. Aube is the star here, she's the only one you can identify.

It's not like the majority of models were A-list before Meisel started to work with them.
Isn't it the point to work with Meisel? To discover the new stars.

Yes, Marc Jacobs is maybe less prestigious than Prada but it is what it is.

The campaign is visually stunning... I look forward to seeing it in print. Also, I except this MJ collection to be well represented in Spring editorials.

Nothing really, they just replaced him when they created the 365 strategy.

You mean 365842942642 strategy, judging by the quantity of images each season.

I love the campaign and the dreamy underwater feeling of the shots, it feels really fresh and exciting.

Really love this campaign, especially the video yaaaaasssss.

La Piccone got the handbag campaign too?
001.jpg

fusionmodelsnyc

A shame I didn't like the collection because the effect with the mirrored floor is really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->