Marc Jacobs S/S 18 by Steven Meisel

For a split second I thought I saw Caroline Ribeiro in the last shot. That would’ve been amazing :heart:
I see the resemblance for sure.

Aube is serving some witchy, Eartha Kitt drama in that first shot. Stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so happy for Cris Piccone :woot: she's been working hard for years and it pays off.

Campaign in HQ

facebook/MarcJacobs

Wonderful!!! Looks like an old D&G campaign by Meisel on acid.

Messy. I'm not feeling this. You can barely see the clothes and we can't even id the models. Too much going on. The collection itself is very colorful and full of prints, plus the lighting/reflection effect. I don't know...

That bts shot of Aube looks better than the whole campaign.

I'm totally feeling this. It's got a visual energy to it that's partly the fabulous clothes and colors, and partly that sort of rippled/distorted reflection going on. It almost ends up looking a bit drunken or hallucinogenic, which works perfectly with the kind of 60s/70s decadence that was built into the collection. But it's not at all literal, thankfully. The last thing these looks needed was some Opium ad backdrop to distract from them.

Like a coven performing a spell. <3 It's fab and I feel the fantasy, love it.

I love Aube's shots. She's easily the star of the campaign. Aube has what it takes to be one of the top models of the 2010s!! I hope she has a long and fabulous career like Raquel, Lara, Natasha, Liya, Naomi, etc.

This looks super fun. Meisel is out here producing great new work while Prada has been releasing some of the most uninspired campaigns since the split.

This looks super fun. Meisel is out here producing great new work while Prada has been releasing some of the most uninspired campaigns since the split.

What happened between Meisel and Miuccia/Prada?

I really like this campaign. I'm sure it'll attract your attention in magazines. It's visually very appealing.

That said, I believe these models were cast knowing you'll hardly see them. Why else would Meisel work with some of these c-list models. Aube is the star here, she's the only one you can identify.

Oh love! who the f*** cares if they are "c-list" models when the result is good? *** Edited ***

*** Edited ****

You can have a good campaign AND have good models. Marc probably didn't have the budget.

*** Edited ***

You can have a good campaign AND have good models. Marc probably didn't have the budget.

You can also have a good campaign WITH unknown models. :rolleyes:
Serious buyers of the brand care about the clothes, not if the hottest faces of the fashion industry are in the campaign.
Well great for Marc if he managed to get a good campaign with a small budget, sometimes all you need is good talent and a good concept.
Not how popular the models are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->