Marc Jacobs S/S 19 : Primrose Archer by Steven Meisel

is it just primrose in the campaign? If so, that's boring.

She's not strong enough to carry a campaign on her own. Meisel too appears to be losing his touch. I fear Primrose will go the way of Remington. Flash in the pan.

Really an OG campaign for a girl that hasn't even walked the show?

Reminds me of Dorothea Barth Jorgensen and Imogen Morris Clarke put together.

So lazy of them, even the same hair and makeup from British Vogue. The last MJ ads were really good.

I like the second shot. There's a Helena Bonham Carter-by-Tim Burton-like quality to the styling and Primrose's overall presence.

As crazy as it sounds, I truly believe this was shot the same day as the Vogue UK editorial. I mean, it's literally the same hair and makeup...

I honestly like all of the campaign images posted on Instagram. She's a great model and looks amazing in every picture.

The video is pretty cute. I like the song used in it, especially.

It's a nice campaign...but ultimately still lacking the magic Marc used to have in spades.

Bad casting, i dont get it why Meisel love Primrose. :huh:

Odd looking back at all the S/S 2019 campaigns that this became a fast favourite of mine, having had a sudden appreciation for it once the full campaign came out, seeing each image alongside one another on the Marc Jacobs website.

It's one of those quintessential studio shoots from Meisel, elevated further by Primrose's poses, Grand's styling and the efforts from the hair and makeup. It's just pure... fashion!

At this rate, MJ and Katie should just cut their losses and let Meisel off. I know MJ started off on a rocky note with Sims, but I really liked how the latter evolved his work for the brand. Now they're getting yesterday's leftovers, and from a magazine! Meisel and his gang knew exactly what they were doing by using the same template, whereas Katie obviously couldn't have known until she saw the British Vogue shoot. I would be livid if I was her.

Just shut it down and go back to Sims.

Yikes, the wig is an absolute fool and distracting.

I feel uneasy looking at it. It's a no for me. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

The styling is too goofy. It ruined a very glamorous and dressed up collection.

Love this campaign! Primrose looks fabulous. For me she really sells the clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->