Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 : Daria Strokous & Kati Nescher by Steven Meisel

It's so sickly.
It's a bit too sickly for my taste, though I think the photos are well taken. Maybe they should have used a darker theme to contrast the extremely girly collection.

How girlish and sweet LV can be? It goes perfectly with the collection. Well executed not in a cheap way--'cause I thought it could be. It's not my cup of tea, though.. I didn't like the S/S campaign with Scarlett J. either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love how fresh, girly and feminine it is.....totally fits the theme of the collection!

What were people expecting exactly lol??!!

These ads aren't terrible, but there aren't enough contrasting elements. All I see is one giant pink blob. The lack of a decent background adds nothing to the overall image. The colors, (not the pinks) aren't saturated enough resulting everything blending together. LV obviously has the budget for something that isn't a second rate cheaply done studio shoot.

I did a little bit of experimenting and I found that something as simple as a cloudy background can really make a difference.

wwd via emilylin

not like the typical LV campaign, it's fresh indeed, but is it work for their target customers?

OMG GivenchyHomme you made the ad incredible! I love the campaign but ti looks even better with your editing, finally i can see Daria´s hair

It's funny because last season they cast such young girls for a very adult collection, while this really overtly confectionery and young collection is shot with older girls. It's refreshing really.

This compliments the collection to perfection, I fail to understand what was expected.

This compliments the collection to perfection, I fail to understand what was expected.

ikr? FINALLY something that works well. i was constantly wondering already what the creative team behind Vuitton's campaigns were thinking.

take, for example, the campaign with Madonna for S/S09. it would have been PERFECTION in a desert or dune setting. to highlight the tribal-esque collection. but no. a faux french cafe in LA. woohoo.

this at least WORKS.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I don't like the ads (maybe I'll love when entire set is out) but it perfectly showcases mood of the collection.

As some of you have mentioned, the concept of this ad perfectly suits the collection so well. It's so girly, sweet and adorable. Maybe because of my love for anything pastel. :lol:^_^ Glad that Daria Strokous got this one. :smile:

Hoping for Daga Ziober or Zuzanna Bijoch as the last model aside from Daria and Kati. :wink:

I don't have a problem at all with the campaign's concept - it wasn't rocket science and it fits the collection perfectly. I have a technical problem with the first two images released and that is that the white background was distracting, and on my screen at least it was almost like trying to make out something across the room and being obstructed by a bad glare. The third image is better.

It`s okay. Cotton candy dreams.

Great great job :clap: :clap:
Meisel perfectly captured the spirit of the collection but not in a too predictable or boring way. It's very eye-catching, the colors are perfect, so is the cast and the clothes are showcased the best way possible. I'm sure these ads gonna make a lot of heads turn once published.

I love when campaigns have defined concepts, and this perfectly fits the collection.
I think the whole work is adorable, i would've prefer maybe a different cast, but are just details on the given work. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tamtam6363
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->