Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 : Daria Strokous & Kati Nescher by Steven Meisel

Delightfully cute and feminine, just like the collection. Meisel is really bringing it this season despite that nasty Balenciaga ad.

more like Coach Poppy :P:ninja: just when I thought this brand couldn't get any more tacky :o

Last edited by a moderator:
The campaign is great the way it is. Can't wait to see more.

I really like this light mood in this campaign... looks very sweet.

picture3vr.png

puretrend.com

Horrific. It looks as if someone has vomited a bag of sweets over the entire set. It's cute, if you're 9 years old and have an obsession with Barbie.

Who is the creative director behind this? What exactly was the inspiration for this campaign? I'm intrigued.

Horrific. It looks as if someone has vomited a bag of sweets over the entire set. It's cute, if you're 9 years old and have an obsession with Barbie.

Who is the creative director behind this? What exactly was the inspiration for this campaign? I'm intrigued.

well if you look at the runway presentation and you look at the ad, they go hand in hand. A very sweet and dreamy runway with a carousel and now two girls in a ice cream parlor. I fail to see why anything else would have gone along with this

well if you look at the runway presentation and you look at the ad, they go hand in hand. A very sweet and dreamy runway with a carousel and now two girls in a ice cream parlor. I fail to see why anything else would have gone along with this

True, one cannot deny the fact they both compliment each other. I guess it boils down to personal preference, but perhaps this is because I associate the ad campaigns with LV bags. Naturally, I see the colour scheme, outfits and setting with a flash of monogram LV and am speechless. This I assure you derives from an obsession with handbags, so in some aspects I could be accused of being narrow minded. :smile:

^
Don't worry, lot's of people here can't give their opinion in a healthy way... they are very extreme and cruel with their comments and I think that's not constructive opinion, that's trashing a brand or a model.

I saw some tFSer's saying they hate a certain model or whatever.... they don't even know her, and maybe never will soooo why the hate?! idk... :(
I think it's very bad to say you hate someone when you pass by him/her daily, or know the person, even more when it's with people that are just doing their job and didn't do anything to be hated..... Ohhh life goes on!

With the inspiration that Marc Jacobs had for this collection I also think theese shoot is what was expected, because it was a dreamy, girly and naive show. It can be too much pink but I think Meisel did a great job, Daria and Kati looks gorgeous, they look soo chic and poise, great turnout!

This looks...odd, especially compared to other LV campaigns by Meisel. I think the collection's concept of fragility and innocence wasn't captured correctly here. As far as the casting goes, I don't see the appeal in Kati Nescher, and yet she's everywhere. Prada, LV, Pringle, and I think she got Celine too. Weird.

^Kati isn't in the Prada campaign, Katryn is.
btw, i think both kati and daria looks really good in the campaign.

Next: i loveee this campaign so far and can't wait till the rest comes out. Still curious if there will even be a third model.
I think it's also cute, and i'm 9 years old. I want the dresses badly and i will even do my hair like that!

larger version of the 3rd image, without watermark

sauceloves.com/2012/01/02/a-look-at-whats-to-come-spring-2012/

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 58
I actually like the new shot, maybe it´ll get better and grow on me :smile:

♪♫ She's So Sticky
Sticky Sweet ♪♫

I dont know if this have been posted but i dont think so

Vogue Portugal February 2012