Marc Jacobs S/S 2015 by David Sims

jssy4eva

Reaction score
JkBKhGI.jpg

TROOP MARC JACOBS: The spring campaign from Marc Jacobs features an army of top models, including Anja Rubik, Karlie Kloss, Adriana Lima, Joan Smalls, Kendall Jenner, Natasha Poly, Anna Ewers, Aya Jones and Jessica Stam, styled in his military uniform-inspired spring look and a messy bob wig from the runway show. Styled by Katie Grand and shot by David Sims, with hair by Guido Palau and makeup by Diane Kendal, the campaign includes nine double page layouts featuring a full-length shot and a portrait of each model. The campaign will begin to run in the January issues of leading fashion magazines.
-wwd

I'm loving the change from Juergen Teller to David Sims. Can't wait to see the rest of the shots!

Just trying to wrap my head around the layout. Is he prepared to whop out the cash for 18 pages, or will it be like Balenciaga where we wont see half of the ads in print? Jessica Stam though, hhhmm, what a pleasant surprise!

Swallowing the fact that Kendall's going to be in this campaign because I'm just so happy to see my girls Natasha, Anna and Jessica Stam! (I also remember Katie Grand is styling this, who gaga over Kendall so that has something to do with it). This will be very interesting to see though!

Jessica Stam is all i'm interested in. This image looks fine though, nothing special. I disliked Teller because his ads didn't look like ads but I must say the work from Sims so far is too boring for Marc Jacobs.

SICK of Adriana Lima, Joan Smalls and Kendall Jenner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing cast apart from Kendall but I actually don't mind if her ads turn out as good as Anja's. Sims is a great choice, I love the mood of the ads and the clothes are perfectly showcased. I'm also super happy for Aya Jones didn't.

Yeah, Anja for Marc Jacobs! So happy for her.

This image looks fine though, nothing special. I disliked Teller because his ads didn't look like ads but I must say the work from Sims so far is too boring for Marc Jacobs.
i had this love/hate relationship with teller for marc jacobs. it was so distinct that you always knew when flipping through a magazine. now the images blend in completely. these could be easily be jil sander, bottega veneta or even a LOVE magazine fashion feature.
of course the brand's transition required certain changes to make, but in this department, they lost a portion of their authenticity, imo.

needless to say, i like how the clothes stand out against the grey background. that's something juergen never would have achieved... :lol:

It's way to simple for me, it's like nothing. I wish he used the pink house set from the show as a background with multiple models in each shot. The styling is just like on the runway so it only makes sense to use the set too.

the composition is very Proenza Schouler. Im very pleased with the cast, with the exception of one..

Out of all the models I'm super happy for kendall. Her hard work deserve it more then any of the other girls.

^hahaha you´re mean :lol: I think the wig will do most of her modeling work :Pink:

I´m loving this change, I´m super excited for Aya Jones´ pics.

I think I would have liked to see something different than the same look from the runway. But the cast sounds great!

This looks promising. Anja looks great!
Can't wait for Natasha :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhaenyra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->