McQueen Meets The Queen

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally posted by Vogue UK@ October 30 2003, AM
amcqueenCBE_paB.jpg

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN was awarded his CBE yesterday, arriving at Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen with his mother, in a pink McQueen suit and Philip Treacy hat, and father, who wore a suit by Savile Row tailer Huntsman - for whom McQueen still designs the bespoke line. And while the British designer, whose company is now successfully growing under the Gucci umbrella, said he felt "very privileged" to be meeting the Queen and becoming a Commander of the British Empire, he was less impressed with the turn-out of his fellow awardees. Himself done up to the nines in full McQueen tartan, Alexander disapproved of Jamie Oliver's choice of an open collar beneath his Paul Smith suit. "I think Jamie should at leave have worn a tie today," he told reporters. "Whether ties are in or out, it just looks better."

:woot: haha I love his comment about the tie! McQueen rocks. I love that he dressed up. He's fabulous.

Its so strange reading that. I don't know why! I guess I'm so used to the bad boy of the old when he didn't care much for the establishment. Then Gucci,now this. Its really strange how people change.

Anyway,I'm glad though,even the Queen has that much respect for him and his accomplishments B)

he looks so cute like that. he needs to get rid of his baggy trousers now.

i hope old lizzie the second was wearing her mc Queen :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC80
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->