McQ Alexander McQueen for Target

I'm really happy with most everything. i think the silk items are very well made. I got both scarves, the charcoal zigzag dress, the pink tiger sheath, both of which are quite well constructed for the price.

how do the mesh cardigan, the mesh tee, and the harness top fit? do they run small as other items do?

Last edited by a moderator:
after finding a semi nearby target on the store list, i went to check it out, but lo and behold they didn't carry the collection. i should have called first i guess.

I think it would be better for him to do Macys or H&M, stores that will at least give him proper respects.

I love Target but that I think Target is better for someone that is up and coming, rather than someone who is already famous like him.

If he does go into H&M, I'm going to have to go to the H&M in Pittsburgh.

and can anyone give a clue as to the sizing? the high waisted skirt comes in odd sizes instead of the usual evens, like 1, 3, 5, etc. i'm gonna have to order online, and i hate having to return stuff.

I am very pleased with this collection! The quality is really good for the price (albeit a bit high for Target) and the designs are so flattering. I ended up getting the harness dress, the harness top in both grey and white, the zig-zag dress, the grey t-shirt dress, the black shorts, the black blazer, the studded denim jacket, studded denim shorts, and both scarves.

I am currently at work but I will elaborate on sizing when I get a chance!

^ whoa! you went all out. i'd love to hear your thoughts on the individual pieces when you get a chance. i think i'm going to order the harness dress tonight. at first i was pretty turned off by the collection but i think i've fallen in love with the harness dress.

I'm glad I didn't see anything that I liked from this collection. I tried on the black shorts and black trousers. The material is very nice for Target, but the pants looked like regular ol' dress pants on me, and I just generally don't look good in black. The high waisted black skirt was also pretty (and very heavy!) but I guess they must've sold out because there was only one left. I didn't see the blazer or t-shirt dress that I wanted :(. Everything left over was either hot pink, black, mesh or a combo of all three and I just can't pull off any of those. In fact, the combination of hot pink and mesh seemed a bit dated and I was reminded of the "I'm too sexy" video which is never good. BUT I still ordered the t-shirt dress online.

i was able to see some pieces tonight (apparently they released it last week!) and am pleased with the studded denim jacket. i usually wear size medium/6 and went for the size small in this jacket because i wanted a more fitted look. the denim is stretchy. what i love about the jacket is that it has pockets. it looks really cool fully unzipped, or half zipped up.

i have to order the scarf as they were sold out.

the denim pants were running true to size as well. i usually wear size 28-29 for jeans, and found that i wear a size 7 for this.

hope this help folks! can't wait for people to post modeling pics of their pieces!

I would have to say that things are pretty true to size. I generally wear a 4-ish, and got the high-waisted skirt in a 5. In the Go! stuff I would sometimes have to go up to a 7 or 9.

The trenchcoat is sized really large though. I didn't try any on, but the swim suits looked a bit on the small size. Especially the tops. :lol:

went to target today and mine had everything in many sizes except for the zig zag print dress (one in largest size), leather crop vest, and mesh zipper cardigan. i wanted the dress and the cardigan the most, but ended up leaving with the studded shorts (idk if ill wear or not, a little too short for me) and a blue scarf. ill be looking around for the pieces i really want.

Interesting that grey harness top is not in stock, online it says that it'll be arriving in 2-6 weeks. Weird!

Just went to Target today to check out the collection since. It was sadly disappointing. I actually tried really hard to like some of it, too. The pieces I was most excited about was the black trench coat and the denim motorcycle jacket, both were disappointing. Though I think that the black trench does look more expensive than the rest of the stuff, and would probably look better on someone else. The scarves which everyone seemed excited about were cheap looking. Especially the blue tattoo print one! It's horrible! The asymmetrical dress looked nice, but they only had size 6 and up. They didn't have the leather vest, either. I was more drawn to the Go International line hanging next to the McQ section. I walked out with the mesh cardigan (which I am very happy with) and the creme and black bikini top which should serve as an interesting bra.

noooooooo, the blazer is out of stock! i KNEW i should've ordered it yesterday! *headdesk*

Just went to Target today to check out the collection since. It was sadly disappointing. I actually tried really hard to like some of it, too. The pieces I was most excited about was the black trench coat and the denim motorcycle jacket, both were disappointing. Though I think that the black trench does look more expensive than the rest of the stuff, and would probably look better on someone else. The scarves which everyone seemed excited about were cheap looking. Especially the blue tattoo print one! It's horrible! The asymmetrical dress looked nice, but they only had size 6 and up. They didn't have the leather vest, either. I was more drawn to the Go International line hanging next to the McQ section. I walked out with the mesh cardigan (which I am very happy with) and the creme and black bikini top which should serve as an interesting bra.

How do the mesh cardigan and the bikini top sizing run?

^ They both run true to size. The bikini top sizing is normal to how Target's bikini tops always are.

Sorry to bother you again but did you see or try on that harness dress? I was hoping that it is not as long as it is on the model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->