McQ Alexander McQueen for Target

^ I did see that dress but didn't try it on, it didn't look as long as it is on the model.

i tried on the black trench and it was very disapointing in real life. it looked and felt like an 80's nightmare.

and i liked the tattoo dress as well. but not enough to spend 80 bucks on it.

but for the money id rather buy the designer pieces at topshop instead i think the fit and quality is better.

Did anyone try out the sleeveless top with the D-ring strap pulling down the neckline? It looked real swanky when I picked it up at the preview boutique, but oh God it looks so nasty on the model the Target site provided :sick:

omg, everything that i wanted to order is oos on the website! :( any idea if they will restock?

I got the jumpsuit and im in love with it:heart:
I also ordered the zig zag dress and heard it runs really small i have a feeling it is not gonna fit :(

Ok the girls at my Target lied, the Target in Athens does have this collection, and boy am I glad I got to see it in person before buying it.

I.hate.it.

What I wanted was the harness dress and the harness top. The fabric had a great feel but it was so seethrough. The dress 'harness' was some very cheap looking cotton belt thing. For 44.99 it was not worth it IMO. I tried on the small so the fit is like the regular go lines. The sleeves on both garmets were poorly constructed. I also thought that the scarves were over priced, neat prints but not for 30! I am going to wait on the clearence sale. I am quite sure many pieces will be left over.

I ordered the mesh cardigan and the blazer online the day the items were posted. The blazer is estimated to ship in April though which I don't quite get. Why would it take that long?

^Maybe the factory is still making them or making more of them to fill the demand.

did anyone really expect this to be high quality though? i mean come on,i don't care if it is mcq,it is target afterall which is essentially disposable clothing as whole.

I expected the quality to be similar to the Go International line, which it is, I guess. The only thing that really disappoints me about this collection is that a lot of it isn't my style. I do like the pink blouse and the pinstripe blazer and pants. Maybe I'll get something when it goes on clearance, I don't know.

did anyone really expect this to be high quality though? i mean come on,i don't care if it is mcq,it is target afterall which is essentially disposable clothing as whole.

Well not high quality (I am a cheapo when it comes to clothes, I get what I can afford). Poor fitting (which I can safely say I have not experienced with the Go lines) combined with the 5-10 higher price point from GO. I expected better.

The sleeves were weird on the harness top, but maybe this line hates my linebacker-ish shoulders.:lol:

Tried on some of the stuff at my local Target:

mcq1.jpg

(source: own camera pics)

The leggings are FABULOUS, in my opinion -- super soft and stretchy and not unflattering, surprisingly. They're also nice and long, despite what the website model shows (I'm 5'6" and I can pull them nicely underneath my foot). I'm wearing size S.

The fun thing with the one shouldered swimsuit is that worn with the leggings it looks like a crazy jumpsuit. Unfortunately, the butt of the swimsuit is very small and kind of "squishes in" *ahem*. Not very comfortable.

The harness bikini top is also great, which I have covered up slightly with my own vest in the middle pic. Fits my small boobs very well and is modest yet interesting.

The denim jacket is okay, though the material is a bit too stiff for my liking and the fit of the sleeves is awkward. And the dress does indeed run very small, I tried on the only one left in the store (size L) and it wasn't even that loose. (I usually wear XS or S).

I didn't get anything in the end, though, 'cuz I thought everything was still too expensive. I'm banking that no one will buy the leggings because they're too "crazy" and will thus go on sale quickly. ^_^

the top with the tattoo drape arrived and i must say for 26 or 27 dollars it's quite lovely. the material is like a soft jersey and it's a bit thin but since the weather is warming it will be perfect....and the drape is really fluid but well balanced with the singlet.

i ordered the jumpsuit, but went up a size...
hopefully it's not too big...

My parents got me a 50$ Target gift card but I am dont think I am going to spend it on McQ after all the reviews I think I will just get some jewelry.

Does anyone of you have the jumpsuit? How do you wear it? The belt that goes with the suit does not "belt" my waist, because the beltloops are placed a bit higher than that....I hope you know what I mean.....

My blazer finally arrived and I love it. It fits perfectly. I can't wait until it's warm enough to start getting some use out of it.

my jumpsuit arrived today and needless to say it was horrible...:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->