Megan Ewing

THANKS!!! Marc jacobs addict i love her GUESS ads ill never get tired of seeing them.

i was at a casting way back when when she came out of a room. (i am almost 100% pos. that this was her as everyone else noticed it too.) she's def. tall, at least 5'9'', and while she wasn't STICK thin, she was still def thin. she had boobs tho. IMO she was a gorgeous girl but the kind of gorgeous girl you'd have at your HS you know?

Originally posted by StellaStarr+Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:00 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StellaStarr @ Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:00 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-AlmostFamous@Dec 4th, 2003 - 5:34 pm
She is not 5'10! :shock: She is more like 5'8.
http://models.com/model_culture/model_of_week/megan/
^^^
Meg when she was 17 she is 5' 9" thats not short [/b][/quote]
5'9- means you're 5'8. Agencies always add an inch.

If your card reads 5'8,you're 5'7 or 5'6.

If you are taller than 6', your card reads 5'11.

If you are 5'11, your card reads 5'10.

No one's real height is ever on their card, its funny.

Originally posted by kellygirl@Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:13 pm
i was at a casting way back when when she came out of a room. (i am almost 100% pos. that this was her as everyone else noticed it too.) she's def. tall, at least 5'9'', and while she wasn't STICK thin, she was still def thin. she had boobs tho. IMO she was a gorgeous girl but the kind of gorgeous girl you'd have at your HS you know?
shes even seen her (almost sure herself) and said shes "def. tall atleast 5' 9" " thats interesting about you card tho...dont they like measure you at the calls

Originally posted by StellaStarr+Dec 4th, 2003 - 11:55 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(StellaStarr @ Dec 4th, 2003 - 11:55 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kellygirl@Dec 4th, 2003 - 7:13 pm
shes even seen her (almost sure herself) and said shes "def. tall atleast 5' 9" " thats interesting about you card tho...dont they like measure you at the calls[/b][/quote]
that is true that if you're shorter they will lie or if you're over 6'. I'm 5'10'' and my card says i'm 5'10'' but I'll always get asked if i'm taller. i think they're just trained to never believe you! :o

For me I see her as the all american girl, like a girl youd find in a Hilfiger ad, nothing special.

guess what! megan ewing seems to be back to modeling, which is great news for me, since i'm a really big fan. she took a year long break (some believe it is because she became pregnant) but now she's back.

she's modeling in the latest newport new's catalog. here are some of the pictures;

4s0331a_lg.jpg

4s0330a_lg.jpg

4s0334a_lg.jpg

not her best, but it's still great to see her again.

Originally posted by poo@Dec 5th, 2003 - 1:26 am
For me I see her as the all american girl, like a girl youd find in a Hilfiger ad, nothing special.
i'd have to disagree. i've seen a lot of her work, and i think calling her just an "all american girl" doesnt really take in all of her range. for example, in her victoria's secrets work, she does look very all-american and wholesome:

V226231.jpg

V226700.jpg

but when she did, for example, the european campaign for la perla lingerie, she looked much older, more exotic and more european. this might be because she's part-mexican too:
la perla 1
la perla 2

funnyfan-orangelove.JPG

i don't deny she's got a conventionally pretty face in many ways-- but her buck teeth, her hazel color-changing eyes and her very, very many freckles also make her look unconventional too. and she's a girl who can do more than just the all-american look.

8.jpg

By the way-- after Megan took a short year-long break due to her pregnancy (she gave birth to a son who is now about a year of age), she's returned to Marilyn Agency-- you can find her listed under New York models. I called them to ask about her-- and they said she'd return to work with them in September! I hear they have big things planned for her as well... :wink:

And please feel free to visit my friend's new fansite dedicated to Megan Ewing, www.meganewing.net. It has tons of pictures, interviews and video-clips about this sadly underutilized model. :heart:

I love Megan. She was my first 'model' love and she's still my favorite, along with Carmen Kass. She's so gorgeous! I fell in love with her the first time I saw this ad:

You can find amazing high quality images of ALL of her Guess work at Guess.com in their advertising section...

She was on the THIRD ever issue of ElleGirl... I had loved her for a few monthes before that, had no idea who she was.... saw her on the cover and bought it!! She's such a sweet girl, I was really surprised when I found out she had a child. I can never understand how models have children and then continue to look good.

She said the worst thing about modeling for Guess was the kissing :lol:

If I ever get my scanner working, I'll scan the article/photos

Thanks for the offer! :flower: MeganEwing.net has the Ellegirl article and scans up as well!

Megan Ewing has actually done quite a bit of work besides her Guess ads from 2001-2002. She's appeared in both foreign mags (like Spanish Vogue, French Marie Claire, French Elle, Spanish GQ, Italian Elle, Mexican Elle, Japanese mags) and ad campaigns (La Perla, CAT, Mango, Abercrombie and Fitch, Skiny.)

A Random Sampling of Her Non-Guess Work:
From Soma Magazine
From Soma Magazine 2
Mango Ad

Beautiful French Marie Claire Pictures:
pc_R7_2_p.jpg

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

press_megan.jpg

Also, she's on the cover and has an editorial in a Italian Elle dating back to 2002. If anyone has any info on that magazine (or even better-- scans!) please feel free to contact me or post them up here. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->