Meisel and Vogue Italia parting ways?

I'd like him to continue contributing to Vogue Italia but not all the cover storieS...

I do think it is unfair to say thay no one worthy of him contributes to VI though... What about Peter Lindbergh?

On the other hand M&M should stay away from VI! They have very little original creativity, if any at all...

It's like "Oh we have 4 editorials from this issue.. let's all give them a cover then!"

Just read in Natasha s thread that he' s coming back after this issue. Would be amazing news!!

I was actually really hoping that Miesel would be gone.

but yeah, I also read that the news about his departure is false. Too bad, he's done what he's done, now it's time for other photographers (no M&M though) to shine and show their talents by shooting the VI covers.

Judging on what I've seen now.. I'd take Meisel's repetitive and lazy studio editorials any time!

aaawwww I wanted to reply and now it's gone.... in short: IMO Meisel's take on photography is totally unique, VI x Meisel is totally unique and I don't want it to be over and VI become just like the ohters, even if his work used to be better.

yes, it is unique. but when one thing is overused and it's too prolonged in time, it becomes boring.

this is why i think he should retire and leave the fashion world with his beautiful images and contributions for VI.

So at least we have some basis for comparison, let some new people come in, then we can compare and judge and etc...but his tenure is a bit like dictatorship at this point.

everyone needs to go at one point, same for anna wintour at vogue.

I guess we don't appreciate what we have until it's gone. Sometimes change isn't actually a good thing.

When the news first broke I didn't think I would miss Meisel for VI, but I was definitely wrong. Even in his most uninspired studio shoots, his covers still had something that all 4 of this month's covers lack.

What a creative publicity stunt. :rolleyes:

What is? Firing your staple photographer then release 4 atrocious covers? I don't see any good effect this has on VI until and unless they find a good replacement or the best roster of photographers.

If the Meisel rumors are true, then it's a bittersweet moment. It's sad that after 27 years, he's leaving VI but it's also really exciting to see what VI would become in the hands of a new staple photographer or in the hands of multiple photographers month after month. (

I agree. I love Vogue Italia and It would be invigorating to see some new or even not so new creative blood injected into it, there is plenty of talent out there who would be up to the job. I personally hope it is multiple photographers and not the same one over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->