Men's Vogue Spring 2009 : Robert Downey Jr.

The circulation of Men's Vogue is quite minimal compared with Conde Nast's other publications so the ad revenue lost in this case isn't of a large magnitude.

I was talking about Vogue itself losing its back page. Which is of some magnitude.

If the two titles weren't under the aegis of Anna Wintour, I don't think this would have happened, because the editor of Vogue would have kicked up about the loss of thousands in ad revenue, if forced to be reverse bound with a lower-circulation magazine.

But because both titles reflect back on her, she's devised/agreed to this rather unorthodox move for a magazine of Vogue's calibre, in order to give Men's Vogue a chance of survival in the current climate.

What makes me wonder - and suspect there's not as much money available at Conde Nast as we think - is that it could be packaged as a supplement, rather than incorporated into the body of Vogue.

I suppose, reverse bound, it certainly 'ups' Men's Vogue's circulation/readership, if it becomes part of Vogue. That's one way of increasing statistics to attract advertisers to Men's Vogue till it can stand on its own two feet again.

Personally, as a consumer, I don't like 'topsy-turvy' magazines with two faces. I like it when they have a front and a back.

I was talking about Vogue itself losing its back page. Which is of some magnitude.

If the two titles weren't under the aegis of Anna Wintour, I don't think this would have happened, because the editor of Vogue would have kicked up about the loss of thousands in ad revenue, if forced to be reverse bound with a lower-circulation magazine.

But because both titles reflect back on her, she's devised/agreed to this rather unorthodox move for a magazine of Vogue's calibre, in order to give Men's Vogue a chance of survival in the current climate.

What makes me wonder - and suspect there's not as much money available at Conde Nast as we think - is that it could be packaged as a supplement, rather than incorporated into the body of Vogue.

I suppose, reverse bound, it certainly 'ups' Men's Vogue's circulation/readership, if it becomes part of Vogue. That's one way of increasing statistics to attract advertisers to Men's Vogue till it can stand on its own two feet again.

Personally, as a consumer, I don't like 'topsy-turvy' magazines with two faces. I like it when they have a front and a back.

straight to the point! so are they going to print an estimated 1.3 million of Men's Vogues now? and do US hommes need that much?

i got this on the back of my us vogue april.. i tohught it was just a preview or something. confusing. but good cover

can someone reupload the cover please..i can't see it. thx a lot :smile:

Am I missing something here? I checked the April issue of Vogue (Beyoncé) but found no Men's Vogue at the back cover, nor in the inside pages. Is it subscriber-only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DC80
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->