Missoni for Target

i went to target this morning too and everything looked cleaned out - clothing racks were empty the throw and bedding i wanted was all gone, women were fighting over stuff

i just left empty handed, the rabid nature of it grossed me out

Honey, the throw is really nice and thick!! I got the last one in the store. One lady saw my mugs on the check out line and ran to get one too...lol

Yay, I'm glad it's good quality. It just seemed a little too cheap to be true haha. Look forward to receiving it. When I first clicked in I didn't realise it came in two other colourways and so had a little panic. :shock: I'd have loved some of the glass pieces or ceramic plates but they'd have cost a fortune to get over to the UK with My US.

i went to target this morning too and everything looked cleaned out - clothing racks were empty the throw and bedding i wanted was all gone, women were fighting over stuff

is it just certain targets in the Boston area or is it all targets? how do I find out?

you are kidding me...you didnt go to South Bay Target did you? :o

a lot of the online stuff will be restocked now through december actually. not sure about the physical stores.

Just got back from two Targets. Women throwing random Missoni items in their shopping carts, so frustrating and gross. It seems the pillows and throws are the most coveted. Didn't buy the mens black cardigan, the quality was not good. Just madness. :wacko:

you are kidding me...you didnt go to South Bay Target did you? :o

a lot of the online stuff will be restocked now through december actually. not sure about the physical stores.

no i stopped by the one in Framingham - a bunch of young-ish moms swapping battle stories and relaying their victories to each other

i'm just hoping i can still find stuff on the website when it comes back up...
i don't think i'll have time to check out an even more suburban target today and i really want that throw and possibly a comforter

The website is back up. There is barely anything for men, two sweaters a bunch of ties, 1 pair of socks, and some hats thats it. Such a shame

Yeah, and that's not even because things have sold out. That's actually all there was. Clearly they don't get male customers through the door, or believe many men want Missoni.

i just ordered a bunch of stuff on the website kind of haphazardly...
got expensive because i didn't know what the sizing would be like so i ordered two of each on a bunch of things (the black maxi skirt and a few shirts)

so annoyed about those throws! i really want one :ermm:

There are SO many on e-bay, if Target restock them for the period of the collection then they're sure to become pretty devalued on there. Hopefully it'll be easy for you to pick one up.

WTF WTF WTF I went to three Targets and none of them stocked any of the men's stuff! one of the associates even told me they don't make them for men...ugh little does she know.

ugh so annoyed...

just read a report from a local journalist that there was "screaming, hoarding and pushing" at MY target (the one i planned to go to tonight:(furious:

here's a photo of one of the shoppers. user designNE on yfrog

the photo and accompanying story made the front page of boston.com
i'm hoping that the woman hoarder and her "team" will be recognized and think twice about this stuff. c'mon really 3 cartloads?

WTF, this is target not H&M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all of those scarfs hanging there part of a rack, or is that one of her trollies...?

Missoni Madness broke out across the country as Target Corp.’s 400-piece discount collection of clothes and home furnishings from the Italian fashion house hit stores and went online Tuesday.

Women lined up well ahead of 8 a.m. store openings to be the first to grab scarves, dresses and bedding with the iconic and colorful Missoni chevrons.

By 9 a.m. many stores had sold out of everything.

A Dallas Target store only had a few throw pillows, ballet flats and baby clothes left two hours after the store opened, a manager said, adding. “It was a disaster in here this morning.”

Traffic to Target’s website was so brisk it crashed the site in the morning and was still down several hours later. Target apologized for the inconvenience and said it was trying to get the site back up, according to a statement.

Read the story behind Missoni and Target’s collaboration.

Melanie Cortese, a mother of two, was at Target in Union, N.J., at 9 a.m. and was surprised to see the parking lot so packed. She was there to buy her daughter a new Barbie DVD and could barely negotiate the aisles for all the carts full of “clothes with bright squiggly lines.”

A woman on line ahead of Ms. Cortese had at least $1,000 worth of the Missoni clothing and bedding in her cart and explained she had five daughters.

“I knew Missoni was coming but didn’t know it would be such a big deal,” Ms. Cortese said. “I have never seen such well-dressed, well-coifed, tan, yoga-looking moms at Target at 9 a.m.”
wsj.com

thats one of her carts! they are lined up at the check-out register! i'm planning on going to a different target than the one pictured tonight. if there's nothing left, than i'll purchase groceries instead! :unsure:

i'm really hoping that the "extreme couponing" culture will actually make store managers think twice about letting people clear out the racks like this. stores are starting to take notice of this behaviour in the US. people will literally buy 20 of one item just because they can get a good deal on it. :rolleyes:

i seriously hope they restock online. or in the stores. i'm dying to get that throw but i slept so late last night and had to work today..

I don't see why they just didn't put a restriction on the amount of each item like H&M does.

wow, get a load of this line!:rolleyes:

Well, that was fast. Both the Targets in East Harlem and on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn have been stripped of the Missoni collaboration, according to Twitter reports. @debrashriver estimated over 200 shoppers waiting at 7:30am for the Harlem location to open. (Among them was former Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel.) The collection there sold out in about 15 minutes, while @petitemaoiste says the racks at the Brooklyn location were emptied in about ten.

photo of bethany frankel and the cart line from racked.com

Attachments

• 2011_09_target-harlem-missoni.jpg
    2011_09_target-harlem-missoni.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 43
I'm guessing none of the other Target collections have caused quite such a commotion then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DFA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->