Miuccia Prada - Designer, Co-Creative Director of Prada & Creative Director of Miu Miu

Even if she didn't made one single sktch throughout her life I still admire.

HAPPY B-DAY MIUMIU!

awwww!!!!! happy bday miu miu!!!!!!! I find her designs to be fresh and interesting but shes a remix master just like marc jacobs. seems new but it's all been done before in reality.

I've read that Miu can't draw indeed as well and that she bases generally on her ideas. I've always admired it, given how high she brought Prada.

Oh, and happy birthday from me too, Miuccia! :heart:

I don't think it's relevant whether she can draw or not, she still makes phenomenally cerebral collections. But of course it's always endearing to see a designer's drawings because it's the simplest essence of the fashion artist.

I dont care if she can or not do it .. she's one of the biggest minds in fashion nowadays.. I just wanted to clear the air on that ...

Happy belated bday, Miu miu!

Sorry to bring this question up but is Miuccia atheist? does anybody know?

I wanna be in that talk!

And about Miucca religion, don't know, maybe she is catholic. like the 90% of the italians.

Following its record-breaking year in sales, Prada got the go-ahead for its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, which is expected to take place on June 23 or 24. Prada will reportedly sell a 20 percent stake in the company, which includes the eponymous brand as well as Miu Miu and Church's; Prada is currently 95 percent owned by Miuccia Prada and her family members. Company officials will kick off a premarketing campaign on June 6, and are expected to raise up to $2 billion before the initial public offering.
nymag

so going public means that somebody will buy a percentage of the company? can somebody explain what it means, because im kinda confused...

^ nvm, this explains why a company goes public...

Why a Company Goes Public
There is one simple reason why most private business owners decide to sell ownership in their company in order to trade on the stock market: to raise money. Going public is often the best way for an already successful business to raise capital.

There are two major options for businesses to raise money:

Take out a business loan
Sell ownership in the company
When a company goes public they are selling ownership in their company.

They may want to expand their business, hire new talented individuals, open more locations or any number of reasons that require obtaining more capital at the risk of giving up ownership in their business. Like most of your tough business decisions, you need to decide why to go public by taking a detailed look at the advantages and disadvantages.
qwoter

^ I read that Mrs. Prada admires Marc Jacobs.

I found this incredible photo made by Steven Meisel in 2005 (left to right Stefano Pilati, Olivier Theyskens, Marc Jacobs, Narciso Rodríguez, Miuccia Prada, Nicolas Ghesquiere and Alber Elbaz)

style.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
What a brilliant shot, I just love Miu here. Amazing.

ugh I was hoping for a harsh comment from Prada towards Marc in Prada...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->