Model Money Makers

i think they get alot of it from commercial work.Minstream fashion jobs are not so many
I always hear of kk making ppearances here and there alsi schiffer all the catalogues and car ads must be very lucraive!!
thays why you may see kate or angela in so many campaigns yet someone else ends up making more money than them commercial models like kk and klum have more mass appeal so pple are ready to pay more for them.i mean where s pedersen?yet she had like a million ads!!

"When she does that spacy pout," rants actress and fashion guru Chloe Sevigny, "I just wanna punch her in the mouth."

ha, i agree!

am doing an article on the top 10 models and i want it to beaccurate and to include models that appeal both in the mainstream and fashion world guaged on their pay, work, power and popularity.

i have some models already but i need some help from you peeps

1.Gisele
2.Heidi
3.Karolina
4.Natalia
5.Liya
6.Kate
7.Daria
8.Isabelli
9.Naomi
10.Eugenia V

Angela Lindvall, Carolyn Murphy, Erin Wasson... they should be in the top 10 I guess

Angela Lindvall definitely....Perhaps Milla Jovovich - because she's successful in high fashion and known to most people. I'm not so sure about Eugenia - in what way is she different/more well known from Julia, Hana or Gemma?

I would exclude Eugenia. I don't think the average person would know her.

How about Alek Wek? I think she gets overlooked on the list on mainstream/fashion world models. Most people may not know her name but I'm sure the average person would recognize her face.

Originally posted by fullfrontal@Sep 17 2004, 01:36 PM
I would exclude Eugenia. I don't think the average person would know her.

How about Alek Wek? I think she gets overlooked on the list on mainstream/fashion world models. Most people may not know her name but I'm sure the average person would recognize her face.
[snapback]370336[/snapback]​

definitely agree with putting Alek on the list (and not just because I think she's wonderful) - her face is very recognizable to the average person
Angela Lindvall should also be on, she's everywhere :flower:

Claudia Schiffer (sp).

She is already well known in the fashion industry and she is a real supermodel. Mainstream would know her because of the Fashion Cafe, Engagement to David Copperfield, and of course being a super, and working in films.

What about Cindy Crawford? Doesn't she still have endorsement deals?

If we're gonna go old school what about Christy Turlington? She's not on the runway but she still has the Calvin Klein spots which everyone would know and she's really visible and busy with the yoga stuff.

i think kate should be higher then karolina..
what about Elle McPherson? apparently she's on the third on the top 40 under 40 rich women's list, she tied w/ kylie minogue, w/ US$42 million each. & she was already a supermodel, so yea.

Women who modeled for commercial companies like Guess (Laetitia Casta, Adriana Lima, Megan Ewing) or Gap or Victoria's Secret or places like that almost always appeal to main-stream people. Hell, that's why they were even chosen to represent those companies! :brows:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->