The Model Scouts: TV show

he usually has it posted by wed evening California time... and I always post the link in this forum... otherwise the youtube guy to watch is listed further up stream.... if you can't sort it out message me...

He is actually currently uploading the first few episodes that got yanked on his other account... eventually the whole season will be up...

Tabea has been my fav since day one she is ready... Aishling has determination and knowledge and spunk and think she can find a profitible market for herself... honestly Aisa will help her.... doign Berlin, or Madrid, etc would help... but she could surprise w/ more than commercial.... I really liked Sarah as well and think she'll go on to development... Lucy was one I liked a lot and i think shell find her legs if she sticks with it...I dont think she was in her market... Ellen is canvas.... she'll develope well and if she doesn't splash out and make an impact she'll still do all rigth for quite some time and not just locally she could be a Rachel Clark... Jessica breaks my heart because she really does have a strong look that is perfect for europe but she seems as though her heart isn't in it...

all in all I can't imagine at least the top six (or more) getting signed developmental deals with the agency...

DO NOT CLICK THE LINK BELOW IF YOU DON"T WANT SPOILERS/RESULTS/WINNER
http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1222/themodelscouts.html

although i have to say that the winner was no real surprise... and YAY!

The 17-year-old, who was born in Germany and has lived in Derry since the age of six, beat Aisling O'Connell from Castleisland in Kerry and Ellen Flanagan from Sandymount in Dublin in the final on Tuesday night on RTÉ Two.

Weyrauch wins an exclusive contract with IMG Models, the world's biggest modelling agency, and will be the cover star of the first 2011 issue of the Sunday Independent's Life magazine and the Spring/Summer face of A|wear.

Commenting on her win, she said: "I'm overjoyed at winning. I've been given the opportunity of a lifetime. If I'm honest, I didn't expect to win given all the other amazing girls in the competition.
She continued: "I'm surprised how much this experience has changed me. I've grown up a lot in a short period of time. It's hard for me to choose a favourite moment, as I value every step of the journey. I particularly loved being able to visit so many amazing cities and meeting so many important people within the fashion industry.
"Having been signed by the world's top model agency, all I want to do now is get on with being a professional model. I love working with [judges] Jeni [Rose] and David [Cunningham]. They are so down to earth, they're more like supportive mentors than scary judges! They have taught me so much about the fashion industry and helped me develop myself into a model.
"I am very grateful to RTÉ and Sideline Productions for having made the show and changing my life."
Rose, who along with Cunningham is a Vice-President of International Development at IMG Models, said: "We are extremely proud of our winner Tabea Weyrauch. She is poised to have a career that most girls could only dream about.
"Not only is Tabea spectacularly beautiful she is also wise beyond her 17 years. During the often long and arduous filming schedule Tabea's professionalism and keen focus never wavered. Not once did she take her eye off of the target.
"Throughout the process many of the girls looked backward at what they felt they might miss out on at home if they were to become international models.
"It was solely Tabea who never looked from side to side nor backward but rather continually forward toward what she imagined this new life could be.
"David and I and all of IMG Models are thrilled to begin guiding and nurturing Tabea on this exciting journey she is set to embark on."

The 17-year-old, who was born in Germany and has lived in Derry since the age of six, beat Aisling O'Connell from Castleisland in Kerry and Ellen Flanagan from Sandymount in Dublin in the final on Tuesday night on RTÉ Two.

Weyrauch wins an exclusive contract with IMG Models, the world's biggest modelling agency, and will be the cover star of the first 2011 issue of the Sunday Independent's Life magazine and the Spring/Summer face of A|wear.

Commenting on her win, she said: "I'm overjoyed at winning. I've been given the opportunity of a lifetime. If I'm honest, I didn't expect to win given all the other amazing girls in the competition.
She continued: "I'm surprised how much this experience has changed me. I've grown up a lot in a short period of time. It's hard for me to choose a favourite moment, as I value every step of the journey. I particularly loved being able to visit so many amazing cities and meeting so many important people within the fashion industry.
"Having been signed by the world's top model agency, all I want to do now is get on with being a professional model. I love working with [judges] Jeni [Rose] and David [Cunningham]. They are so down to earth, they're more like supportive mentors than scary judges! They have taught me so much about the fashion industry and helped me develop myself into a model.
"I am very grateful to RTÉ and Sideline Productions for having made the show and changing my life."
Rose, who along with Cunningham is a Vice-President of International Development at IMG Models, said: "We are extremely proud of our winner Tabea Weyrauch. She is poised to have a career that most girls could only dream about.
"Not only is Tabea spectacularly beautiful she is also wise beyond her 17 years. During the often long and arduous filming schedule Tabea's professionalism and keen focus never wavered. Not once did she take her eye off of the target.
"Throughout the process many of the girls looked backward at what they felt they might miss out on at home if they were to become international models.
"It was solely Tabea who never looked from side to side nor backward but rather continually forward toward what she imagined this new life could be.
"David and I and all of IMG Models are thrilled to begin guiding and nurturing Tabea on this exciting journey she is set to embark on."
rte.ie

Can't believe they got to meet Meisel. This is seriously the best modeling television program ever. They met Maida, Carolyn Murphy, Chadwick Tyler, Jac, and then Meisel?! I truly hope the show returns for a third season :heart:

Jac as in Jac Jagaciak? Wow, this sounds like an interesting show.

I noticed the name Ellen Flanagan today while browsing Supporting Cast and though it sounded very Irish, which I tought was unusual as there are like no Irish models - or not any good ones at least. And then I found this thread!
But I don't know if I can take this show seriously, because my aunt was telling me about this modeling show where the winner revealed she was alopecia totalis or something and wearing a wig the whole time, the second runner up was pregnant and the third had been in jail or something! And the host at the finale when she found out was like "Only in Ireland" :rolleyes: (She obvisouly wasn't Irish) Is this the same show? Or is this a less bogan one. :lol: I think I might have to watch it. They must have a lot of money to get people on like Meisel and Carolyn Murphy. No other way would they get them on a show like this, particually as it's Irish. :ninja:

But I don't know if I can take this show seriously, because my aunt was telling me about this modeling show where the winner revealed she was alopecia totalis or something and wearing a wig the whole time, the second runner up was pregnant and the third had been in jail or something! And the host at the finale when she found out was like "Only in Ireland" :rolleyes: (She obvisouly wasn't Irish) Is this the same show? Or is this a less bogan one. :lol: I think I might have to watch it. They must have a lot of money to get people on like Meisel and Carolyn Murphy. No other way would they get them on a show like this, particually as it's Irish. :ninja:

:lol: That happened on "The Model Agent" which is the predecessor of the current show (it was winner who was pregnant and she is still modelling, she's signed with Ford).

"The Model Scouts" is kind of a revamped version, it's more of project by IMG (who wasn't the agency last time) than the TV network I suppose. There was really no such drama this season, they were quite sincerely looking for a girl who could be model which is a nice change of pace for a modelling reality show!

Tabea is great in front of the camera and she's a satisfactory winner. At least Ellen didn't win. She seems like a pleasant girl, but she's been neutral for me throughout the entire series. I kind of don't see it. :neutral: I wasn't surprised that not being able to leave a lasting impression became an issue for her.

Admittedly, I lost total interest when my girls were cut back-to-back. Especially when Aisling was crying her eyes out. :cry: I just knew that Teen Vogue would like her. On the show Jeni and David told her to start in Tokyo and now she's signed to Image (I wonder if they arranged that for her?), so it looks like there is a spark and she's not stuck on being a small-town girl forever.

The Model Scouts is definitely a lot more legitimate than The Model Agent, although I must admit, I loved that too :lol:

The Model Scouts is definitely a lot more legitimate than The Model Agent, although I must admit, I loved that too :lol:

I agree, while Elis was quite good and I really liked how she went out looking for girls TMS has just been leaps and bounds better. I really liked how natural it was, it was REAL real life, not like Top Model, where while it is supposed to be 'the real world' of modelling, its still inside a little bubble. TMS really accomodated for the girls, like the final challenge catered to all three,which couldn't have been pre-planned.

I hope this attracts bigger agencies to Ireland, we need at least one major agency to open an office here!

They must have a lot of money to get people on like Meisel and Carolyn Murphy. No other way would they get them on a show like this, particually as it's Irish. :ninja:
I don't think it had anything to do with money, more like IMG's involvement. Since David and Jeni (vice presidents/scouting and developement @ IMG) were the "judges" they seemed to be able to pull these influential people. Carolyn's with IMG and she wanted to build her photography portfolio so it's a win-win situation. Meisel was definetely through IMG too, I doubt there would be any money involved considering there were no cameras allowed.

I loved how they could get real influential people from the industry involved like Maida and Meisel, the show seems much more real than the typical tv modelling show.

Yeah.. Maida, Meisel... and they got to meat top models Jac, Giselle, Carolyn Murphy. BEST TV modeling show ever.

Are there pictures of the girls anywhere? I'm looking for the Caroline Murphy shots of Tabea.. those were very beautiful but I can't find them online anywhere.

I don't think it had anything to do with money, more like IMG's involvement. Since David and Jeni (vice presidents/scouting and developement @ IMG) were the "judges" they seemed to be able to pull these influential people.

IMG = a lot of money. ^_^

From the photos CharlottefromCA posted Ellen reminds me of Ruby whatshername from NewZealand. I think her names Ruby? :blink:

:lol: That happened on "The Model Agent" which is the predecessor of the current show (it was winner who was pregnant and she is still modelling, she's signed with Ford).
:lol: Thanks for explaning that. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I looooovvve this show. The first modeling show that I could actually see the girls working afterwards.

I like Jessica and Ellen. I hope they will be signed with good agencies (Of course it will be great if they are signed with IMG).

Does anyone have a link to 'Searching Siberia', the other scouting documentary with Jeni & David ? Thanks in advance!

so am I =(
please can anybody upload it on youtube?

Heather has re-surfaced on IMG's development board, and Aishling, Jessica and Sarah have also joined IMG Paris.

May I know Who's the winner of Searching Siberia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->