Models with Physical Challenges

slushy_gurl

Reaction score
I have a question i would like to ask everyone here about fashion models . Are there any models out there who are physically challenged ? It seems that everything is geared to the " perfect body " yet a large portion of the population have some sort of challenge and from what I have seen , we are not represented ( as far as i know ) in the fashion stage yet we buy and like cool stuff too . Anyone has any connects or information ?
slushy gurl

Brenda is beautiful and her story is really interesting. She went to Mega (top brazilian agency) and the bookers turned her down because of her deafness; she left the place crying but then she met the agency owner (!) at the elevator; he asked her why she was crying and and then decided to hire her.

Nemova said:
Brenda is beautiful and her story is really interesting. She went to Mega (top brazilian agency) and the bookers turned her down because of her deafness; she left the place crying but then she met the agency owner (!) at the elevator; he asked her why she was crying and and then decided to hire her.

WTF is up with agency owners living in elevators :smile:
That's where the owner of storm signed me haha. Although I wasn't crying...or
deaf =/

Good thread.

Sorry for putting this in the wroing place . I gues my question was to ask about models who had OBNVIOUS physical challenges like a wheelchair user or a gurl whom uses crutches or something like that .

slushy gurl

I'm sure someone whose deaf does think that their handicapp is obvious and yet she went out knowing the challenges she would face,and look where she is now.

I read about a model who had a prosthetic leg a while ago in the British magazine The Week... I can't remember her name at all, though. I think that her Dad is someopne important, or maybe she's very smart... haha, I really can't remember! Does anyone know?

Heather Mills McCartney has a prosthetic leg I think :smile:

The man in the elevator is still close to Brenda.
:smile:

Sierra Huissman - from ancient prada ads- is also deaf I believe.

model_mom said:
I'm sure someone whose deaf does think that their handicapp is obvious and yet she went out knowing the challenges she would face,and look where she is now.

I think the girl is absoloutly amazing, she is stunning and it's so refreshing to know that she didn't let being deaf stand in the way of the career she wanted to persue, because of course it shouldn't have to; GO BRENDA! :woot::heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->