Most expensive bag

hellooholly said:
it's a permanent part of my body when i go out to anything =).. and it seems to go with anything i wear too! and it's the perfect size.. and it feels like a dream!
i love it.. it's great on so many levels.
so i couldn't afford it; but hey - i couldn't pass on the offer either! so i'll be putting my paychecks to repayments for a little while..

i looked at all the other bags in the price range available, but nothing from any of the other designers appealed to me nearly as much..
balenciaga is the only one i love, and have loved since it came out in 2001... and the only one where the hefty price tag doesnt make me feel :sick:.. for some reason, my love for it fully justifies the price?:rolleyes:

it may sound corny but if it makes you happy it's worth every penny. enjoy it.:D

Plastic'sWife said:
OH MY GOSH! I know which one youre talking about... I just bought mine in pink this weekend and am gonna return it on Sat (coming up)... its cheap!
The straps are not real leather and after 2 light uses have started to develop small tears!
Totally upseting because it was so perfect for the use that I needed... :(
But I figured if it couldnt hang for Sunday breakfast and a light shopping day at Saks, then it can not possibly be for me...:blush:

Wow, now Im really sure I made the right decision. I cant believe the nerve they had to charge all that for that bag. Good luck in your hunt for a new and better bag!:D

Response to original thread question..

I'm not even crazy about handbags the way some people are, but for some reason I have some pricey ones. Fortunately I think they're classics that will last a lifetime, and I think I use all of them pretty regularly...

Hermes Birkin Ostrich $15,000 (used about 2 - 3x a month)
2 Hermes Kelly 32 cm $7,000 each (used about 4 x a month)
Hermes Kelly 25 cm $5,900 (used about 4 x a month)
Judith Leiber evening bag $4,000 (used about 6 times a year)

* Planning to buy a Birkin 30 cm in another color and another Kelly either in 32 or 28 cms. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow TT!!! you're sooo lucky to have so many hermes! 2 birkins and 3 kellys!!

I wanna be like you when i "grow up" (i'm not working yet, but i know what i want from my paycheck!!)

oh you didn't say what colours yours were...

Bag Colors..

Hi there!

Hermes Birkin Ostrich $15,000 (used about 2 - 3x a month) : Royal Blue
2 Hermes Kelly 32 cm $7,000 each (used about 4 x a month:( Potiron and Black Croco
Hermes Kelly 25 cm $5,900 (used about 4 x a month:( Black
Judith Leiber evening bag $4,000 (used about 6 times a year:( Gold cat bag

Interestingly, I get the most compliments for the JL cat bag! Total strangers have stopped by my table to touch it and ask about it..

Just my two cents' worth, but I'd *advise* you to invest your first paychecks in some sensible and safe investments rather than on bags and fashion. Then, when you really have a lot of money later on, you can buy all the bags you want. Take it as friendly advice from an *older sister* (although not that much older, I hope..)... :rolleyes:

My most expensive bag is a python silverado, I'm still waiting for it, but I expect to use it tons :-D

Tokyo Traveller said:
Hi there!

Hermes Birkin Ostrich $15,000 (used about 2 - 3x a month) : Royal Blue
2 Hermes Kelly 32 cm $7,000 each (used about 4 x a month:( Potiron and Black Croco
Hermes Kelly 25 cm $5,900 (used about 4 x a month:( Black
Judith Leiber evening bag $4,000 (used about 6 times a year:( Gold cat bag

Interestingly, I get the most compliments for the JL cat bag! Total strangers have stopped by my table to touch it and ask about it..

Just my two cents' worth, but I'd *advise* you to invest your first paychecks in some sensible and safe investments rather than on bags and fashion. Then, when you really have a lot of money later on, you can buy all the bags you want. Take it as friendly advice from an *older sister* (although not that much older, I hope..)... :rolleyes:

May you post the pictures of your bags esp. Birkin Royal Blue Ostrich sound awsome.

My most expensive bag is the Andrea Brueckner tan medium saddle bag, $425 (although I got it for just under $300). It's nothing like a lot of you girls' bags, but I absolutely adore it and it goes everywhere with me -- the perfect size, shape and look for me! I only started getting into handbags this year, and I'm a college student on a tight budget, but someday when I start making more real income I hope to start collections like yours!

Photo of Birkin 30 cm Ostrich Royal Blue

Hi -- I have a photo of the bag but it seems to be too big to upload. I'll have to think of a way to post it on the net as I don't know how to make my photo files any smaller...
:cry:

Go to tinypic.com and host your picture then.. then copy the url, and put it on this site it's easy!

I want to see all your Hermes' bags as well :D

if you open the picture with 'Paint' and Click on the 'Image' and select 'Stretch/Skrew' and put in 40 % for both in the Strech horizontal and vertical and save the picture. The picture will be re-seized to a smaller one...Sorry for of topic here.

Hermes Bag Photos!

Hi guys -- thanks for all your helpful advice. Went to tinypic (gosh -- that was easy! Hope it works..) and created a link for at least two bags. Sorry but I only have photos of 2 bags at the moment, as I'd taken these some time ago to email to a friend. I'll get the other photos online when I get more time...will actually have to take photos of the bags first...

Hope you like these..

Birkin 30 cm Royal Blue Ostrich at
http://tinypic.com/9fmn3o.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=9fmn3o

Kelly 32 cm Potiron at
http://tinypic.com/9fmq0g.jpg
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=9fmq0g

:rolleyes:

Both bags are so beautiful I love both of them. You're so lucky :smile: Thanks for the pics. You should post your pics in the Hermes' Thread as well.

Hermes bags

Glad you like them! :rolleyes:

I can tell you that I had some form of buyer's remorse when I bought each one, especially the blue ostrich. It seemed so hedonistic to be buying such a bag! But now I love them of course and use them a lot...

:flower:

serenade_ingenue said:
This, is what we call, a "DREAM BAG" :rolleyes:

I agree, it's beautiful, but for someone older (50-60) I think I would feel a little off wearing it right now. I want something mre fun. At least for now.

My most expensive bag was bought in euros but came to about £ 660 in sterling, though if i had bought it in the Uk it would have been a lot more. It was a Moschino bag, a shape that i believe is called a bugatti, and is made of polished brown and cream calf skin to resemble melting chocolate. It was advertised in magazines pictured in a patisserie amongst all the cakes and eclairs. The victoria and Albert museum in london have one in their collection, so i'm convinced it will become a collectors item! It was worth every penny though i rarely use it as im too afraid of scratching it!

Most I like Birkin (but it is impossible I buy it ever!!!)

But I also like Balenciaga Lariat or Twiggy, I know how it looks but I dont know how it is called... but Kate, Gwyneth and others have it. Is it call Lariat or Twiggy or Motocycle bag? lol so much possibilities...

I like the medium one!
Does anybody know how much it is?

And do you think that bag on eBay are fakes? I dont believe to that sellers...

I`m only 17 but mine is:

Louis Vuitton Talentueux $2,140.00 in black, people say it looks classy on me.:D

No offense, but when I was 17, I didnt have a 2,000.00 bag. Thats nuts!! 200 was a lot for me at 17!! And my parents would have been like are you crazy if I asked them for a 2,000.00 bag, even though we had money! It seems like teenagers today are more high maintenance than ever!:ermm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloopybloop
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->