Most Overpriced Designer? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
brian said:
to be fair...dsquared seem to have grown up a bit more, with their fall 05 collection... i actually liked some of it!

I don't think so at all. Dsquared has taking so many steps backward and lost their designer edge. Their earlier stuff was soo much better and had much more of a design element. Like early 00's. I mean do we really need 20 tshirts a collection that "shock" with sexual innuendo ?:huh:

I think their jackets and pants are actually pretty well constructed and have a very nice fit for slimmer guys.

Their prices have gone way up as well, I remember buying a sweater in '02 for 150-170 $. Now thats what their t-shirts go for.

Last edited by a moderator:
although dsquared is quite overpriced, but at least there're some nice pieces..., but marc jacobs...no design at all~

I am surprised that not many mentioned Hermes.
I don't get the prices on their bags and clothes.
Can anyone please explain?

I agree w/ the Dsquared comment re: being too overpriced. I mean, c'mon--charging more than $100 for a T-SHIRT that simply says "Reading Writing Wrestling"? That's insane...

And I totally agree w/ the Marc Jacobs comments too. I saw a pair of white tennis shoes w/ gold detailing it, which I was THIS CLOSE to buying, until I saw that they were going for more than $300! I was like, "For what? TENNIS SHOES?" And they werent even really original-looking either. And his Marc by MarcJacobs line? Well, Ive bought some pieces there that I thought matched the price, but a lot of the other items, I could never understand charging some $$$ for some goo that looks like it was found in a thrift store...and not even designed by the name on the label..

anything at KITSON (LA) is waaaaaay overpriced..you Buy a Bunch of crappy t-shirts and sweats and end up with a $800 Bill...yet people in LA seem to love it!!
also, although I love MJ ut alot of his Marc JacoBs line is waaaaaay overpriced!

AlexN said:
I try on everything I can, in this case just to see how bad it actually is. :wink: Ahhh, the lengths I go to just to make a report back to TFS... :rolleyes: :lol:

Betcha u enjoyed it :P

I think Dsquared, Marc Jacobs, D&G are all over priced and are all crap. :woot:

Well, economics in real life. As long as there are people paying for the price, they are not "over priced". For the people who think that they are over priced, let's wait for the sale :smile:

UNiQFashionista said:
anything at KITSON (LA) is waaaaaay overpriced..you Buy a Bunch of crappy t-shirts and sweats and end up with a $800 Bill...yet people in LA seem to love it!!
also, although I love MJ ut alot of his Marc JacoBs line is waaaaaay overpriced!

hey, kitson is employing a member of my family and the junk food tees are very reasonable, some of the other stuff is ridiculous. but you have to remember, its a boutique, the kitson shirts are some of the cheapest things there, the expensive pricepoints are set by the makers of the clothing they sell

anyway, i think pucci stuff is very expensive, which is sad because its so beautiful/

Marc Jacobs. His clothing tends to fall apart rather quickly...I bought a $700 coat a few years ago, and all of the buttons fell off within a month. I've had to have them sewn back on three times...:shock: His sweaters aren't very good either...I think it's a really overpriced line...the fabrics and construction are really sub-par.

Ingunn said:
I see Gucci isn't mentioned, is the prices OK there?

The prices are high, but from what I have seen in person, the quality is good...

HERMES is the most overpriced designer label. Really. i mean look at their small canvas bags... and how much are they? Ummm, oh for a bargain of ONLY $800!!

ingenue said:
HERMES is the most overpriced designer label. Really. i mean look at their small canvas bags... and how much are they? Ummm, oh for a bargain of ONLY $800!!
I have to agree. Hermes is overpriced but so is Chanel. I'm lucky that I have vintage (I borrowed it indefinitely from Mom) because on a student's budget, I would not be able to afford it.

Defenitly has to be Hermes. I think chanel is worth every penny you put into it. I just love their new cambon bags!

hmmm i think Balenciaga (it probably is worth it) but its sooooooooooooo expensive

I have to vote for Burberry. Although it's not expensive as other designer brands such as LV and Balenciaga, the quality of Burberry products is simply unacceptable. Also, Burberry has terrible customer service. I bought a bag couple years ago and it wore out so fast. Granted, I used the bag everyday. But I've used my other LV and Balenciaga bags the same way and never had problems with them. Plus, with LV, I can bring my bag to the store with any problems. When I brought my bag to the Burberry store and asked them to fix it for me (and told them I will pay for the repair), the salewoman told me that this was just a normal wear and tear (which I don't believe her) and they couldn't fix it. In addition, she suggested that they now sold the same bag in the outlet store and maybe I should go to the outlet store and check it out. I was so furious, since when I bought the bag, I bought the bag in a Burberry flagship store in Chicago. Ever since that, I don't buy bags in the certain brands that there might be a possibility the same bag will show up in the outlet mall couple months later (such as Prada, Gucci,........).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flogomet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->