Mugler & Nicola Formichetti Parts Way *Update* Moved to Diesel

Sounds interesting, diesel is soo boring nowadays...

I actually love his work.
Wait... Nicola changed the name of Thierry Mugler to Mugler, right?
Does that mean that the brand can go back to using "Thierry Mugler"?

^ 'Yves' is free now ... maybe Yves Mugler?

All I ask is that Diesel not have any more 'stupid' campaigns ... just ditch the stupid, please. Then I will be able to go back to happily ignoring Diesel.

He is SUCH a tool. Reading that style.com interview was like drilling a hole in my head.
Especially that bit about the reboot campaign and tumblr project...what a mess.

^ I'm starting to think there's a playbook circulating, and that he and Hedi are both using it.

Step 1: Identify the first name associated with the house, and delete it. [Unfortunately Diesel had no first name, unlike Mugler ...]

Step 2: It's called reboot, and it's genius.

Step 3: Call your musician friends--free clothes!!

gah,it's terrible how vapid he's become. he's even speaking like those typical airheaded followers of the all things banal and shallow.

and he is so out of touch if he thought anything he did at mugler would end up on the streets. most of it was pure self-satisfying,mindless dross. you wouldn't have been disappointed if you had put it a bit more thoughtfulness into it.

Well, I love that if you have a great product, and if you have great communication, you can actually get to people. Because that really didn’t happen with me at Mugler. I wasn’t seeing a cool guy wearing my clothes on the street. Yes, Gaga wore it. Beyoncé wore it. But what I wanted was to see someone—like, a cool girl—wearing my jackets or pants on the street randomly.

i'm afraid my eyes will fall from rolling too hard. Did he really think his ugly, tacky, waaaay overpriced crap for mugler would be all over the streets? is he serious with that 'oh yeah bey and gaga wore it but i just wanted some blogger to flaunt it' stuff? that's some slimane level of ego / delusion

That's great! Now can they get rid of the person that is ruining Helmut Lang?

That's great! Now can they get rid of the person that is ruining Helmut Lang?

You mean Andrew Rosen or the designer duo? I just wish a young, talented designer that is actually interested in Helmut Lang would be given the chance to take over, no more diluted Rick Owens.

But yes, I really don't understand how someone that once did really nice work could become this. His stuff for Dazed and Arena Homme + was usually on a pretty high level and I even remember enjoying his blog but now it all seems so shallow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm completely fascinated as to why he's able to secure such prominent positions time after time despite his complete lack of talent. And he doesn't appear to be in any way charismatic or particularly insightful in interviews-- more clueless, arrogant and regressing to the state of a desperate, trend-obsessed 12-year-old, going by this interview; and all atop such an irritating, gormless mug. So good for him for lasting this long and getting as far as he has in the industry by doing whatever it is he's doing.

On a more ominous note, just reading the last comment that he's that closer to the MMM label makes me wonder that he may just have his sights on heading Martin Margiela...

^erm.....i doubt that will happen. MMM has only just hired on a new creative director ivana omazic in november and only just made her debut this season. besides,all the companies within the staff/diesel domain have their own bosses.

I'm completely fascinated as to why he's able to secure such prominent positions time after time despite his complete lack of talent. And he doesn't appear to be in any way charismatic or particularly insightful in interviews-- more clueless, arrogant and regressing to the state of a desperate, trend-obsessed 12-year-old, going by this interview; and all atop such an irritating, gormless mug. So good for him for lasting this long and getting as far as he has in the industry by doing whatever it is he's doing.

On a more ominous note, just reading the last comment that he's that closer to the MMM label makes me wonder that he may just have his sights on heading Martin Margiela...

It's fashion! Nepotism, cronyism, and sycophancy at their finest.

The only person who`ll be missing him is Lady Gaga and her 15 min of fame are over too.

Ciao ciao!

^She hangs with Donatella, doubt it.
I just hope his work at Diesel is amazing.

^erm.....i doubt that will happen. MMM has only just hired on a new creative director ivana omazic in november and only just made her debut this season. besides,all the companies within the staff/diesel domain have their own bosses.

It's the stuff of fashion nightmares, I know. And perish the thought of MMM designed by him, but... it's always a possibility... :wink:

This messy label.. :mellow:
THIERRY MUGLER is the new creative advisor to Thierry Mugler SAS director general and Clarins Fragrance Group president Joël Palix. The designer - who founded the company - has served as Thierry Mugler Parfum's artistic director since 1992. He handed over creative control of his label's fashion and clothing category in 2002, after becoming dissatisfied with the increasingly important money-making aspects of the business. The move will bring both the ready-to-wear and fragrance categories under one creative boss.

"It is not an understatement to say that Mr Thierry Mugler is both a legend of fashion and fragrance," said Palix. "His body of work has influenced many designers and perfumers worldwide. He has brought extraordinary sensory experiences to millions of women and men across the world. It is time to unite both activities under one single creative management and turn Mugler into a global and fully integrated luxury brand with a synergetic approach across fashion, accessories and fragrances."

Thierry Mugler head designers Sébastien Peigné and Romain Kremer have left the fashion house, following news of former creative director Nicola Formichetti's departure earlier this month.

Mugler will also take responsibility for the look and staging of the brand's catwalk shows, with one scheduled in Paris at the end of 2013 and another planned for autumn/winter 2014-15 in Berlin.
vogue.co.uk

Thierry 's back !!! That's one designer from then I truly miss and m glad he is back and back to Mugler too ...exciting exciting ......!?,
I wonder if he will want "THIERRY" back in front of Mugler .
Can't wait to see S/S 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionforever999
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->