Natasha Richardson passes away after skiing accident

apparently TMZ(which i never look at....EVER)is reporting that she was transferred to an american hospital and they she has brain swelling and not brain dead. but we shall see.

it s so sad. i really hope she gets well and soon
i can t believe i skied at that same place, am definitly never skying again

:cry:
this is truly devastating.

yellowwetpink, the new version of The Parent Trap was my favorite as well :heart:

What's going on? On one hand, people.com is reporting Ms. Richardson is "fine" and was walking an hour after the accident:

Actress Natasha Richardson, reportedly in serious condition with head trauma in a Montréal hospital after a ski accident Monday at Mont Tremblant, was walking around and feeling fine for an hour after her accident, a spokesperson from the ski resort says.

"She was laughing and joking and she walked to her room on her own," Mont Tremblant spokesperson Catherine Lacasse says.

The British-born Richardson, 45, was not wearing a ski helmet when she was taking a private ski lesson on the Nansen, a beginners' run at Mont Tremblant. When she was near the bottom of the run in a section known as the flats, she fell down. According to the spokeswoman, Richardson did not hit anyone or anything before coming to a stop.

"She was accompanied by an experienced ski instructor who immediately called the ski patrol," according to a statement from the resort.

Lacasse tells PEOPLE that there were no cuts, bleeding or other external signs of injury. Ski patrollers assisted Richardson and helped her to her room. She was not put on a stretcher.

About an hour after the fall, Richardson started complaining of headaches. She went to a nearby hospital and was later transferred to

Then now foxnews is reporting she's on life support:

Sources close to Tony-award winning actress Natasha Richardson tell FOXNews.com that the 45-year-old actress is brain dead, and being transported back to New York City before she is to be taken off life support.

Richardson's condition deteriorated following a skiing accident on Monday on a beginner's trail at the Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec, Canada.

A spokeswoman for Montreal's Sacré-Coeur hospital, where Richardson was transferred after being sent initially to nearby Centre Hospitalier Laurentien in Ste-Agathe, said a family representative was expected to release a statement Wednesday.

Richardson, who is married to actor Liam Neeson, was reported in serious condition with a head injury by multiple outlets early Tuesday.

"We know that she has had an accident but we really do not know any more details," said Kika Markham, who is married to Richardson's uncle, Corin Redgrave. "We are very concerned."

Neeson left the set of a movie he was filming in Toronto to be by his wife's side.

"Liam Neeson left the Toronto set immediately to fly to Montreal upon news of his wife’s accident," a rep for his film said in a statement to Canadian TV. "We do not have any details at this time but we hope for the best and our thoughts and prayers are with Natasha and Liam and their family."

Neeson's reps told FOXNews.com they had "no information at this time regarding this matter."

Mont Tremblant said Richardson fell on a beginner's trail during a ski lesson and later reported not feeling well. She was not wearing a helmet, nor was one required, they said.

"She did not show any visible sign of injury, but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor," said a statement from the resort.
Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Catherine Lacasse said Richardson was getting a private lesson and that she said she was fine at first.

"An hour later she said she didn't feel well. She had a headache, so we sent her to the hospital," Lacasse said. "There were no signs of impact and no blood, nothing."

Richardson, is the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and the late director Tony Richardson. She married Neeson in 1994 after they both appeared in the film "Nell." The couple have two sons.

In January, Richardson and her mother played the roles of mother and daughter in a one-night benefit concert version of "A Little Night Music," in New York.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

So which one is it? :blink:

It went bad an hour after she fell.

The last time I saw her on TV was on Bravo's Top Chef. She was so elegant and beautiful.:cry:

Well they are saying that she was fine immediately after the fall, then started having a headache, and from there she went to the hospital and may now be in a coma/brain dead. It's uncertain if she is brain dead, or just has brain swelling...

i don't think i'd trust anything fox news reports. they probably get their info from perez who said she was actually dead a while ago which was retracted by many other news outlets.

Last edited by a moderator:
...and to leave it all up to one skiing lesson... dear god..this is beyond sad.
so young...

I'm really horrified at how irresponsible the press has been reporting this. Declaring someone is "dead" or "brain dead" should not be taken lightly...these so called journalists clearly missed out on ethics class.

WHAT?!

Is the media jumping the gun or what? Is she ACTUALLY brain dead? Where is their confirmation? This is not something to joke around about.

This is so horrifying, best wishes to her family, what a tragidy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want this to be true. Soooo so sad!

My friend said there must be something going on, otherwise why did they fly her to NY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->