Natural Hair Care Products

Reaction score
I've heard of, read about and seen plenty of places that offer 100% natural skin care, but I can't seem to find much of anything regarding natural hair care products. Does anybody here know of any good stores that have natural shampoos, conditioners, gels, mousses and so on?

i think this thread may go in skin & body care instead, but... have you tried shopping for hair care at whole foods market?

I've only checked out one or two and they were mostly full of pills, teas, lotions, drinks, foods... I didn't see any shampoo, conditioner or styling products.

As for where the thread belongs, I thought it should be in this section since it is about hair care. :flower:

I am not sure what your hair type is eurasia but you should check out an only store: www.naturallycurly.com

Its a site geared mostly towards people who have different types of curls-but there are products for people who have straight hair too. Most all of the hair products are completely natural. Buying from this site is 100% too. I have bought several things from there myself. :flower:

I've only checked out one or two and they were mostly full of pills, teas, lotions, drinks, foods... I didn't see any shampoo, conditioner or styling products.

As for where the thread belongs, I thought it should be in this section since it is about hair care. :flower:

haha. my bad. :flower: i didn't even notice the sub-forum was there for hair care! and the whole foods in my town has a huge section just for shampoos, conditioners, skin care, soaps, and etc., etc.! maybe you might want to look for another whole foods market near you that may offer that? ^_^

ugh, doesn't work.
Scroll down to "USA" and click on naturaleurope.com.

I also like to add that you should get familiar with product labels. Some products are labeled as organic yet they are composed of unnatural ingredients like dmdm hydantoin (derived from formaldehyde and can change into formaldehyde under certain temperatures), urea imidazolidinyl(derived from formaldehyde), diazolidinyl urea(derived from formaldehyde), parabens, propylene glycol (commonly used for its antifreeze purposes) and harsh sulfates that can strip natural oils and aggravate the skin.

In the past few weeks I learned a lot and found these sites helpful:

Rates products from 0 (harmless)-10 (hazard).
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

It names some popular "natural and organic" products with potential health hazard materials.
http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/DioxaneRelease08.cfm

All German Natural "BDIH" Certified brands tested
were found to be 1,4-Dioxane-free:
Aubrey Organics
Dr. Hauschka

that's a good thing, right? i use a lot of dr. hauschka's products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->