Net-A-Porter

^
I think the UK does have rivals, I mean Browns is pretty decent. I just think Browns and Matches need to take better photo's but I understand that their profits/expenses aren't enough to justify doing an online catalogue.

I agree however about NAP re: shipping. Considering pretty much every US site offers free shipping on orders placed over $100 or $150, I can't understand why NAP won't offer the same. The only thing I like about them is their 'size and fit' guide which they include with each item noting whether it fits small, tts, or large. I just go there for the details and order elsewhere since their shipping is so exorbitant. They haven't had a free shipping promo in ages.

that's because you live in London, pucci!!!
In Australia, we are sooo far away from the things on netaporter that the shipping becomes ignorable (this word does not exist but i am brain dead right now). After paying a flat rate of 100 canadian dollars for a monamoore delivery, 65 aus dollars for something from nap is definately digestible. Although, the browns pricing is more sensible (about 40 dollars for <1000 pounds).
Plus netaporter ships in a couple of days and it's just so easy to navigate. The layout and pictures and the measurements make it easy. They always reply to emails etc. I've found that browns and matches are extremely inconsistent in their communication and so i don't trust them for an efficient service.

I don't even bother looking at bergdorfs/saks... the layout is a mess to me...although the clothing styles aren't to my tastes either...

that's because you live in London, pucci!!!
In Australia, we are sooo far away from the things on netaporter that the shipping becomes ignorable (this word does not exist but i am brain dead right now). After paying a flat rate of 100 canadian dollars for a monamoore delivery, 65 aus dollars for something from nap is definately digestible. Although, the browns pricing is more sensible (about 40 dollars for <1000 pounds).
Plus netaporter ships in a couple of days and it's just so easy to navigate. The layout and pictures and the measurements make it easy. They always reply to emails etc. I've found that browns and matches are extremely inconsistent in their communication and so i don't trust them for an efficient service.

I don't even bother looking at bergdorfs/saks... the layout is a mess to me...although the clothing styles aren't to my tastes either...

It is not true - they DON'T answer all e-mails. They answer only e-mails related to a purchases.
I asked them what exchange rate they use to convert the GBP into Euro - they never answered, and I have been regular client for years - with relatevely big orders. Couple of years ago they were the first, but now the competition in Europe is quite strong, I can order from
Italy - Lusaviaroma - some times they have free of charge delivery,
Germany - Mytheresa.com,
Austria - http://www.antonioli.eu/,
in Sweeden http://webshop.nathalieschuterman.se/

in UK the list is long
http://www.matchesfashion.com/
http://www.brownsfashion.com/
http://www.start-london.com/
http://www.my-wardrobe.com/
http://www.pollyanna.com/ - 15 euro for delivery - perfect service
http://uk.burberry.com/

Maybe there are more - but these are with similar selections and much lower prices and better sales!!!!!:angry:
Sorry but Nap is getting very very expensive and is taking us for a ride...:(

i ask them really dumb questions like 'do you think i can alter this skirt?' (the answer was no) or 'why don't you think this can be worn in the daytime when it's made of cotton?' and they still haven't blacklisted me haha. But i understand they're related to purchases...convincing me not to buy though!

I agree that nap is expensive-- when you compare the sales esp against matches and browns. Luisaviaroma is never free for australia :( but i suppose 50euros is not bad. well, it used to be okay. now that the dollar is so week, it's almost a relief to buy in pounds. which is a really odd feeling really.

I think it's easy to come to rely on one site though...i guess it depends on your personality

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not true - they DON'T answer all e-mails. They answer only e-mails related to a purchases.
I asked them what exchange rate they use to convert the GBP into Euro - they never answered, and I have been regular client for years - with relatevely big orders.
I wonder which one they use too. :innocent:Yesterday I bought a top for 400 euros (french site), that was 260 GBP (=291 euros) in the UK site. That's a huge difference...
I really have to love something to buy it from them (strange exchange rate, 35 euros for shipping...).

^ Basically, they set the exchange rate before the steep falls in Sterling - prior to Oct 08 and when they first bought the merchandise in Euros they were probably averaging 0.68 p to 1 Euro which is approximate historic average for the pound/euro exchange rate.
While they won't alter the exchange rate for this season. My fear is that UKers will be paying dearly for all goods originating from the Eurozone in the future - basically, almost all luxury goods bare those from the US. NAP and other UK retailers are going to find themselves paying out a fortune for the new Pre-Fall and Fall merchandise - and these rises will be reflected in a sharp hike in the sterling prices! Eek!

I wonder how Natalie's bottomline is faring in these uncertain times. Has anyone noted any increase\decrease in "sold out" taglines on the site???

agreed!
if they removed ALL the sale then surely it has ended up on their OUTNET site?!

i have funny feelings about this new venture. by the look of things it'll just be another wannabe discount designer website who will rip you like there is no tomorrow :(

its just that i was planning on getting this dress on sale (it wasnt available on any other site, i checked) today and the sale was suddenly closed.

strangely enough they decided now they can ship my order!!!

what a joke.

after another email last night 10pm asking for the exact amount refunded on my card and threatening me to cancel my order if i do not reply in the 24 hours (which i had already done about 4 times), i ONCE AGAIN replied copying and pasting the same line from my online statement saying that IS the amount they refunded and if they dont agree then PLEASE cancel my order as I can get the things elsewhere!!

SURPRISE SURPRISE!
today they sent me an email with the tracking number... without any apologies for the delay..

OH well :(

I received an apology for the delay in my package due to bad london weather. go figure

^
I think the UK does have rivals, I mean Browns is pretty decent. I just think Browns and Matches need to take better photo's but I understand that their profits/expenses aren't enough to justify doing an online catalogue.

There are worse sites though! I found a jacket I was looking for on my-wardrobe which was listed as more expensive than it was on Net-A-Porter (I was shocked), and they have a truly awful range of sizes compared to N-A-P.

I think where N-A-P excels is that the site is so well done and it's easy to find things and get email alerts for exactly what you want. Browns has some great stuff but browsing on the site isn't just as good.

I might go somewhere other than N-A-P if I'm looking for something specific but it's the site mostly likely to get me on an impulse purchase!

I tell you very sad story about shopping on n-a-p.com.
My mom felt in love with Alberta Feretti dress in Moscow boutique. Unfortunately there were not my mom's size. So when I found it on n-a-p.com I desided to make present for my mom's birthday and ordered that dress in her size. The price was 410 pounds and shipping price was 30 pounds.
Few days late I received e-mail from nap.com, they told me that this price (including shipping) is not final price and I should also pay taxes. I made a call to DHL and they told me that taxes would be about 80 pounds. I thought okay, it was normal, because in Moscow price of that dress was about 700 pounds.
But when dress arrived in Moscow DHL agent called me and told that full taxes is more than 200 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I paid that money but I will never ever ordered smth from Moscow because of huge russian taxes....
P.S. One positive moment - My mom love that dress, she looks great in it!

^ and the actual website is great, imo.
Anyways, I can't wait to see what it's like!

I recieved my Marc by Marc Jacobs bag today :heart: I think though I was more excited about the box and the packaging it came in :crush: lol

Hi can someone please tell me if they or anyone they know has ever returned an item. Did you get your money back? I can't seem to find the terms and conditions on N-A-P site.

I want this dress and I think it will fit but I just want to know I have the option of returning the dress if it's too big.

I would really appreciate the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->