New Yohji Exhibition in Paris

Isn't white a mixture of all the colours and black an absence of any colour?

makehate said:
That's what I always thought as well.

Haha, oh gosh, since I can't edit this...

I was just about to fall asleep and realized that I'd either:
1) Been too tired to remember or
2) Wasn't paying enough attention during colour theory.

Black = all colours are absorbed into
White = all colours bounce off of

makehate said:
Haha, oh gosh, since I can't edit this...

I was just about to fall asleep and realized that I'd either:
1) Been too tired to remember or
2) Wasn't paying enough attention during colour theory.

Ah, you might be right there, I'm a bit confused now

makehate said:

Do you mean that black absorbs the light and white reflects the light? :unsure:
:lol: now we are all confused.

white 'light' is made up of a spectrum of colours which you see when shining a beam of light through a prism. johnny did you get an A in physics?

helena said:
white 'light' is made up of a spectrum of colours which you see when shining a beam of light through a prism. johnny did you get an A in physics?

Yes. I think that's what I was thinking of originally.

Yeah in terms of light...white is made up of all the colours of the spectrum, but black would be absence of any light. I remember doing a test in chemistry when I was younger with some special paper and a black felt pen which showed all the colours black was made of and there was quite a few different colours in it.

breathe0xygen said:
Ah, I am beyond jealous. I really wanted to go...

don't be jealous, I visited again and took some pictures :smile: but not that many, it was pretty secretive so I did what I could.

i totally missed this thread! elegance.is.refusal. and fab fifities, thanks for the description and the sneaky pics! sounds like a dream exhibition...<swoon>

the pics dont do the exhibition justice! but glad to share it in any way i can with TFS because it is a fab exhibit:flower:

i love yohji

hey finally got my photos developed.

heres a few, of the entrance, sketches, and a few dresses.

enjoy the pictures, and if you can, make a visit in the next 2 days before it closes!!!

thank you iyemstoopid...:flower:

they are just lovely...

:heart:

so, so awesome! i especially love the pic of the sketches. thanks so much!

Oh my god! me and elegance must have missed some of the exhibit :cry: thankyou very much for posting iyemstoopid, oh I'm absolutely gutted, coming to think of it though there was some stairs, by the time I'd looked around it was coming to close though. grr.

oh my goodness!!!!!

once you walked up the stairs, it was the large wedding dress hanging above, and many highlights from his previous seasons, as well as the showcase of hats and shoes. but other than a few kimonos, and the hats, I believe I got pictures of the majority of the exhibit upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->