New York Fashion Week S/S 08 - Schedule

Ralph Lauren haters rejoice!! Just what you've all been waiting for... (Is this man powerful, or what!!?? :shock::lol:
Page Six Thursday NY Post:

September 6, 2007 -- CATTY fashionistas are griping about Ralph Lauren's Saturday fashion show in Central Park, because as one insider put it, "he's stealing all the models." Lauren asked his runway models like Caroline Trentini, Flavia Oliveira and Chanel Iman to sign contracts saying they "wouldn't be in any other shows that day," said the source. "He's making it extremely hectic for other designers showcasing their spring collections that day. Ralph embargoed his models. They are forbidden to walk in other shows. Everyone is going nuts."

That wasn't entirely true...Ralph only required that all the girls be to his show five hours prior to its start. Flavia and Natasha Poly, at least, walked in the Temperley show which was before his...

Marc Jacobs is tomorrow at 9pm:flower:
Has heatherette been rescheduled or something? I was hoping to see what kind of crazy they would pull out this year

i'm interested to see naoki takizawa...
former designer for issey miyake...

:buzz:

marc jacobs was running at least one hour late...
i couldn't stay...

wonder what time it actually got underway...:innocent:...

For some reaso I don't understand, I'm glad to hear this... From The Daily-

In the Tents Until 2010

Fashion Week remains in Bryant Park for next two years
Monday, September 10, 2007

(NEW YORK) IMG Fashion, the producer of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, announced today that it has reached an agreement with the city of New York and the Parks Department for the twice yearly event of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to remain in Bryant Park through February 2010. It is the longest term contract ever signed by IMG with Bryant Park.

"We couldn't be happier," said IMG FashionSVP Fern Mallis, "the event is synonymous with Bryant Park and, though the search for a new location continues with the Mayor's office and Parks Department, we are happy that all parties will be able to continue to plan for upcoming events while new locations are explored by IMG in concert with the City."

The Spring 2008 Collections, currently running through September 12th in the event's iconic white tents, feature over 60 collections.

naoki takizawa was beautiful...

can't find pics online yet..
not sure pics can really do it justice though...
it was all just so dreamy and floaty..
while also being really well tailored...

just lovely...like a breath of fresh air...

:flower:

^ :buzz: :heart:

There are rubbish pics up on getty right now. It IS stunning. I love the hats! Glad you enjoyed the show, softgrey.

I am horrified that there are so few choices in men's clothing in the American fashion industry. I hope US schools and designers fill this strange void in the marketplace.

hmm, well that was... average. Tents are almost gone again.

Roll on london.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->