Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week S/S 2009

Charu Parashar

Dedicated to 'The Modern Indian Princess', Charu Parashar's creations are inspired by India's rich culture and heritage. The soft silhouette collection that befits casual and luxurious resort wear is sensuous and flirtatious. Her eye catching range of fluid silhouettes incorporate a well planned placement of pleats and gathers in different directions to undeniably make the wearer feel feminine.

To view entire collection: http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/designs-by-charu-parashar-at-wifw.html

Satya Paul - he should just stick to designing gorgeous saris.The dresses are tacky!!

Satya Paul presented a collection of evening sarees and dresses replete with bold prints, graphics and sparkling embellishments. The colour palette had shades of cool blues and ocean greens as well as a range of spicy hues including warm browns, burgundy reds and chilly red besides vibrant oranges. Colour combination of black with sand has been highlighted with random sequin work for a glamorous limelight appeal.

yahoo.com

Aparna and Norden Wangdi

Aparna and Norden Wangdi took their audience on a nostalgic summer holiday cruise. The designer duo's collection reflected a perfect festive yet leisure mood. The feel of enjoying a warm summer evening was created through a vivid and rich color scheme which included ocean hues, exotic fruity tones as well as royal shades of grey, gold and burgundy.

To view entire collection: http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/sli...rna-and-norden-wangdi-at-wifw.html?curPhoto=1

i like it because it draws inspiration from local fashion and culture. great lookin models too. The collections are also diverse

Last edited by a moderator:
also ..am i the only one sick of indo -western fusion!!!

honestly there are so many MORE aspects to understanding fashion!!!

why not try minimaliism for once..or origami !

I have to dosagree about the fusion. Its always refreshing to see a fashion industry that still gets most of its inspiration from home i also aplaud Indian women for not forgetting their culture

i get what ur trying to say urban stylin..
but honestly for people living in india..who have been taught taught to view fashion with a global perspective..it just saddens us..that our industry is just soo segregated from the rest of the fashion community..
and honestly the trends..the colours..everything remains the same... i'm just saying that people can get innovative and try something new..rather than splashing colours and calling it fashion!
yes i do feel at times maintaining ur culture is important... but only by accepting diversity.. one can truly grow!
(not trying to offend anyone from the indian fashion industry..its just my own opinion..sorry)

Manish Arora

The Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week closed to a befitting finale and Manish Arora did what he does best - enthrall the audience with his collections called Circus. Vibrant colours, frills and shapes inspired by the legendry Indian circus, the show left the audience only wanting for more. Colours ranged from bright pinks to shinny blues to silver and gold. The show was amazingly choreographed with models walking to the tunes of Bollywood Brass band from London.

To view entire collection: http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/designs-by-manish-arora-at-wifw.html

i get what ur trying to say urban stylin..
but honestly for people living in india..who have been taught taught to view fashion with a global perspective..it just saddens us..that our industry is just soo segregated from the rest of the fashion community..
and honestly the trends..the colours..everything remains the same... i'm just saying that people can get innovative and try something new..rather than splashing colours and calling it fashion!
yes i do feel at times maintaining ur culture is important... but only by accepting diversity.. one can truly grow!
(not trying to offend anyone from the indian fashion industry..its just my own opinion..sorry)

i understand where ur coming from, sometimes local designers take advantage of the cultural influence on fashion and get somewhat lazy. Its sometimes difficult for us on the outside to see that but the people that know the traditional fashion can always notice it

Rajesh Pratap Singh

Through his collection, Rajesh Pratap Singh created an appealing interaction of opacity and transparency with simple classic fabrics such as glass-cotton, silk-organza, satin and finely knitted jerseys which were all coordinated to create subtle ensemble with a clean urban look. Rajesh Pratap Singh again lived up to expectations of being a designer with an aesthetic sensibility for translating form and function into classic yet contemporary metropolitan look.

To see entire collection: http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/designs-by-rajesh-pratap-singh-at-wifw.html

I really like WLIFW Spring 09: Gauri And Nainika. That orange/yellow dress is bold and lovely.

I like the way some of the pieces flow/fit against the body.

Renu Tandon

Renu Tandon believes in high-end fusion, encompassing garments which are graceful, elegant and stylish and has a universal appeal that fuses the best of the East with the West. She has designed blouson dresses, shift dresses, tunics and short flirty dresses along with elongated silhouettes and kaftans.

entire collection: http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/designs-by-renu-tandon-at-wifw.html

Elisha W

Elisha envisages an ethereal romantic woman who can wear her clothes in style from day to night. Pastel muted shades like cream, beige, peach, wine, aqua, mustard and plum are easy on the eyes this summer. Elisha also brings wonderful new designs for sarees this summer with innovative pallas and bodices draped using ruching, gatherings and uneven pleats.

Entire collection: http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/designs-by-elisha-at-wifw.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->