ricci05.jpg

ricci06.jpg
ricci07.jpg

ricci08.jpg
ricci09.jpg

ricci10.jpg
ricci11.jpg

wwd

i love the dresses with the corsets. and that big reptile skin bag is fierce.

The fourth look is just horrible. Overall I love this. The whispy little white dress and the shoulders are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so underwhelmed. The proportion seems off. I know he was trying to play with it, but it just seems off to me

wow, some of these pieces are.. not so good. cmon theyskens, you can do better!

i only like half of them, some of the stuff doesn't even look like what he would normally do...

Not feeling it. I love the last look, but the rest...not Olivier's best.

I like that black jacket with the purple trim in the lapel....that's about it.

Otherwise not only is this completely unfocused, it's got no point of view whatsoever. At least up until now his Ricci collections all looked like they came from the same mind.

This, not so much.

spike, i was thinking the exact same thing...
i feel like i'm looking at four different collections...it has cohesiveness whatsoever...
and even if it did, it's terribly boring...:ninja:
after seeing blake lively's dress last night and this, i'm wondering what's going on at nina ricci...

I think Olivier is trying too hard. That 4th look is so ugly, inflatable suit?

I love everything with the corsets, especially the first dress very chic.

I doubt this is getting his feet any more grounded at Nina Ricci... this is all over the place, desperate, unfocussed. If that's what you get distilled out of a Nina Ricci collection for the people to buy, it's safe to say it's entirely forgettable... a pity since he proved himself more than well with Rochas and at his own label...

I'm a big Theyskens fan but these cuts and proportions are so unflattering. If the clothes make the models look this bad, I'd hate to see anyone try to wear them.

While the collection itself is not very cohesive, there are some nice individual pieces. I particularly love purple printed dress and the brown silk trousers. I'd like to see more of the bags as well.

Ehh, there are a couple of pieces I like, but nothing I love. Underwhelming.

i must be the only person who loves this collection (except for the 4th look unflattering black ensemble), especially the earth tone dress with the leather jacket and orange heels.
and some pieces such as the pants, are reminiscent of his collection before the last one, 2/2 2008 if i remember correctly.

if anything at all, most of these pieces are 'wearable' which hopefully keeps him in business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->