Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 2009

Frankly, none of his Ricci collections can compare to his first, FW 07...it's all been downhill since...:innocent:

Agree and it's so depressing. After F/W 07 collection I hoped he'd bring some magical uniqueness to Nina Ricci, but now he just continues to re-work the same things and it only gets worse each season :ninja:

While the collection itself is not very cohesive, there are some nice individual pieces.
I agree with you. Look at the shorts, they're so out of place.
On the other hand the look #6 is really good. I loved that dress, and the belt makes it even more special.

very run of the mill and boring and he is capable of much much more

The only looks I like are the last looks in both #1 and #2, although I get the Givenchy vibe from them (that's probably why I like them...).

i'm underwhelmed as well..

it's all so very...blah.

little pieces here and there that i like, but i feel like his contemporaries are putting in more effort in the Fre-fall collections that he is. This is just kind of vanilla and a cut and paste job.

The fourth look is certainly heinous, but I'm not sure if it's the cut of the clothes, or the shape of the models, that is making the others look a bit off, too?

Or maybe a combination of the two?

It could also be some sort of problem with the shoes, I suppose, as they both look extremely bow-legged in most of the pics, to me.

actually i find pants at Nina Ricci looking really fine, which can't be said about the dresses from this collection. as a whole, it's just too random to look refined and solid. i guess that's what you expect to get from any collection (whether it's pre-season or a season) - a clear vision of the designer. here it's just some mediations on what can be sold under the NR label. and nothing more than that.

Really terrible for someone with such talent and vision...
I wish he'd design under his own name once again...

The looks are literally like "yes." "no." for me.

The dresses are gorgeous and the jacket with the purple line.

But how high do the last look shorts want to go for pre-fall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikishuki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->