Nina Ricci Resort 2008

The clothes look interesting, from what i have seen it is not all that great but the look on the cover of that magazine is fantastic!

Hmm... No, it's not Rochas, but these latest pictures show Olivier's versitility and range. I'm still impressed!

has shapelessness come into vogue? i'm praying that olivier theyskens has just held his hand for the ready-to-wear....

Who on earth is the customer, buying colour-blocked t-shirts and zip-up jackets with the design-depth of A.P.C., but at the top of high-end luxury goods prices?

Most of these clothes are not necessarily looking bad, but they they don't reflect who the customer is that has the deep pockets to afford the prices that Olivier - or the house - is asking. These are the kind of clothes he should be designing if he was appointed designer at Chloé or Cacharel (probably minus the gowns, then), but for an old house, it simply isn't enough to throw in some dresses with long trains to fulfill a cliché of Parisian couture.

i love the shoes, but as for the clothes... olivier for nina ricci has yet to impress me

It's looking as dull as a Jennifer Aniston movie.

^^lol

now after seeing the full collection i have to say a lot of the peice are not too bad. LOVING the stockings and punky hair feathers. but this whole fluid, water-nymph thing isnt too different from his previous work...

simply gorgeous!!!
It seems so soft and comfortable for wearing those clothes!!!
I am so impressed by this collection!!!

of course,LOVING IT!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

I so loooooooooooooooove the short and white dress with the blue ribbons!!!
Are these items going to be in the shops next summer or are they just a preview of the real collection?

I so loooooooooooooooove the short and white dress with the blue ribbons!!!
Are these items going to be in the shops next summer or are they just a preview of the real collection?

it's the resort collection, so it will be in stores in the late winter/early spring of 2008. another separate collection, the spring 08 collection will be shown in paris this october and will be in stores during the spring.

Thank you petite parisienne! I am a parisienne too! I wonder how much a dress like that costs...

you're very welcome shane. unfortunately (for me at least) the dresses are quite expensive. most of the shorter dresses and cocktail looks are in the $1500-$3000 range, while the gowns can cost as much as $20,000-$30,000.

I really love this collection:heart:, beautiful colors and shapes, especially love that white and lavender strapless gown:heart:, and some really great jackets too! Cant wait to see what Oliver does for spring I love what hes doing for this line:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->