Nina Ricci S/S 2011 : Malgosia Bela by Inez & Vinoodh

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
2vhydzs.jpg

Peter Copping, artistic director at Nina Ricci, has unveiled his first advertising since joining the French house in 2009 — distilling his vision via model Malgosia Bela plopped poolside on a velvet banquette in a frothy dress. “She looks contemporary, modern, sensual — all those things I see for the Ricci woman,” Copping said. Lensed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin at the Greenwich Hotel in New York, the spring campaign is slated to break in the February issue of Vogue Paris. Copping declined to disclose budgets, describing a small, targeted media plan covering top glossies in France, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Japan and the U.S., and select niche titles. “It’s definitely an image campaign,” he said. “It’s the strongest way of getting your message across.” Given the spring collection’s dressy nature, Copping’s mind went to young jet-setters like Charlotte Casiraghi and Julia Restoin Roitfeld who are “not sitting at home in a party dress. They’re out and about and wanting to be seen.” To wit: a nightclublike setting, a zigzag of neon and her flash-startled expression. Next up is Copping’s overhaul of Ricci’s Web site, slated for March.

wwd / january 18, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
i...don't...like this. Is that a chair, or a flotation device for the pool? The expression on her face isn't very pretty, and the choice of dress is wrong; too romantic and light for the sleek, modern-esque backdrop.

I'm not sure about the set but Malgosia is sublime!!!

Lovely AD
Although Malgosia doesnt scream Nina Ricci Girl

Malgosia looks so beautiful! And the dress is lovely.
BTW, when it comes to photography, I feel like Inez & Vinoodh did the same thing already in a W ed starring Hilary Rhoda and also in Roberto Cavalli S/S 2008 ads. Only the colors are changed. No matter what I love the ad though.

I don't think the dress was appropriate for the back ground or vice versa. I'm disappointed with Malgosia's expression here, I'm sure the would have been a shot where didn't look like she had been caught off guard.

Małgosia again, oh my! :buzz:

I'm liking it so far, let's how how it would develop.

Oh god,worst model choice possible!The collection was so dreamy,romantic,young,girly...a younger model would've been a much better choice.

And the setting is really confusing... :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nina Ricci will never top Natash's campaign for the brand...

great to see malgosia but I really dislike the first shot. even annie leibovitz was better than this.

am i the only one that really loves this?? model and photographer choice is superb.

Hmmmmm.... This is a no in my opinion. They can do much better.

Malgosia, you are the queen of the season..
I need to see more, but I'm kinda disappointed. That's totally opposite from what I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rysjxgmvx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->